Sunday, November 25, 2012

[ THANKSGIVING WEEK :) ]

Hey guys!! We had a nice thanksgiving here. Lots of members of the English Speaking Branch in Seoul invited missionaries to their houses to spend Thanksgiving together. 11 missionaries from our zone went together to the Ratta family's home. It was fun having everyone together and pounding some good ole turkey and mashed potatoes. Gotta love it :) Next thanksgiving with you guys will be an even greater one though :)

Thanksgiving in Seoul, Korea
Thanksgiving Dinner

Also this week we got to do our usual once a transfer trip to the Seoul temple. The temple is such an awesome place and I am so grateful that I have an opportunity as a missionary to go so often.

Well I guess I have some pretty big news for all of you. About a month ago I got a phone call from the office saying that everyone's return dates are changing because of a change in the MTC. Missionaries going to Korea used to be in the MTC for 12 weeks but because of the change in age for missionaries and rise in numbers they are cutting it back to 9 weeks. This affected all of us and now we have had a change in return dates. After talking it out with the Mission President and figuring everything out, my return date is changed now to March 29th. I feel good about that and look forward to these next 4 months of missionary service.

We have been meeting a lot with Brother Kim (Kevin) lately. He has been to church 8 times but couldn't make it this week because of Kim-Jang (remember my service activity). Anyways, I was pretty bold with him this week as we met about baptism. I was telling him how he is ready and just needs to make the commitment. We shared scriptures on how it's essential and all the blessings that come from it. I told him to be baptized before December 5th, transfer day. It must have hit him pretty hard because he talked with his wife about it. He said it didn't go very well though and she doesn't want him to do it. He invited her to come with him to church once, but said she would go back to Presbyterian church before coming to ours. Pretty rough. But I know and have faith that as he prays more about it he will make the right decision and his wife's heart will be changed. He will be baptized.

Lastly we had a cool miracle I want to share. We were at church when I got a call from a lady named Saruul. This goes back about a month or so ago where randomly this lady came up to me asking if we were Mormons. She told us how she was baptized back in here hometown (Mongolia) at 11 and attended regularly. She then moved here 8 years ago, got married and hadn't gone to church since. She told us how she wanted to come back. I called her the next week but she wasn't able to come. Long story short. During Gospel Principles class I got a call from her saying she was on her way to the church and needed help finding it. She made it for the last hour and a half of church and had her 4 month old baby with her. It was sooo cool to be with her there and see the smile she had on her face. All the members loved her too. The best part was that it was the primary program so we got to hear all the little kids. So cute!

I love you guys and think about and pray for you often. Have a great week and I'll talk to you next!!

--
Love,

메시크 장로
Elder Messick

[ The great and abominable church next to our temple haha ]

Church next to our temple

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for doing this Aubrey! You are a wonderful, kind, giving person and I know that this takes a lot of your time! I love you for loving your brother and making this blog for him! I really just love you all the time!

    ReplyDelete