Sunday, November 11, 2012

[ ANOTHER WEEK IN KOREA ]

Hey fam!! Well Romney lost. What a bummer. I am pretty sure I heard his name 25 times in church this week haha. They were talking about how much he has helped the church for us here in Korea and trying to rid the bad idea people have of our church. I also heard though that during one of his speeches the translator did a poor job and made it sound like he and our religion was something terrible. What a bummer. Oh well, best of luck to Obama the next 4 years, he'll need it.... haha

Well this week seemed to be other stagnant one sadly. It's not that we aren't working hard because we definitely are, it's just all of our investigators think they are too busy with work and can't make time to meet. It's kind of a bummer actually. so this week we spent LOTS of time on the streets trying to find new investigators to meet.

Since I am district leader I went on exchanges with two of the areas in the district this week to see how they are doing. I am not a huge fan of exchages to be honest because it just messes up my routine and I feel like it's hard to be productive, but they went well.

We are still consistently meeting Nam-Me but he isn't making a whole lot of progress to be honest. He came to church again, #8!!, but he just isn't getting the big picture. I called him Saturday about church and he was drunk. I was kind of upset to be honest. He is soooo close to baptism but just isn't getting it. Since we have taught him all of the lessons when we meet all we do is read The Book of Mormon together. We are finishing up the story of Nephi and getting the brass plates. I think it is a really good to read together to help them understand what's going on and see how things relate to us.

The Yoo family is doing good, but too busy to meet. We are doing our best. We tried to play soccer with the boys on Saturday, but the oldest one got sick so they couldn't come. They want to play this Saturday though :)

I am really excited for today. I got a random call this week from my ward mission leader in my first area Nok Bun saying that he missed me and wanted me to come eat at his restaurant. So today I am going there to meet up with him and also I called my first recent convert Brother Choi. He is going to meet us there and we will eat together. It should be awesome :)

That's it for me this week. I love you all!! Take care and have fun :)
--
Love,

메시크 장로
Elder Messick

Forgot this pic from a while back. Anyone want to go to the egg church??? hahah

No comments:

Post a Comment