Sunday, November 18, 2012

[ HAPPY THANKSGIVING THIS WEEK :) ]

Hey guys!!

Well happy almost Thanksgiving to you! It's a bummer we don't get to pound some turkey and mashed potatoes and what not together and not to mention some of Jody Masters' ridiculiously good cream corn stuff, but it's just food right!? Next year I guess I'll get to eat double!

So this last Monday I got to go eat dinner with Brother Choi, my first recent convert in Nok-Beun!! It was an adventure getting there though! Haha. We were taking the subway and we tried to take a new line and we couldn't find it in time so I ended up just paying 10 bucks to take a taxi there. We ate some bulgogi together and had a good talk. He is stuggling with his wife having a different religion so he hasn't been getting to church much lately, but hopefully he can get it all worked out. He is a great man! He said he has "roughly" read The Book of Mormon. That's a start I guess haha :)
Apparently we had some snow here one night, but it didn't stick. We just heard from other people on the street. It looks like it's going to be a cold one here!!! :/

On Thursday this last week we had a big service project with a few zones in the mission. In Korea there is a tradition where at this time of the year everyone makes a BUNCH of kim-chee to make it through the winter season. It's called 김장, or kim Jang (jawng). Anyways, our service project was to make a ton of kim-chee for the less fortunate so they could have some Kim Chee during the cold winter season. It was pretty fun, but I didn't do much kim Chee making. I just was moving the cabbage and pouring the sauce and what not.




Also this week we had our mission's 50th anniversary celebration. On Sunday there was a big conference here where a lot of people came to speak and perform musical numbers. To mention some people, we had the man who was the first Stake President in Korea speak who also translated the first version of The Book of Mormon into Korean, and also President Lee, my last misison president spoke. It was really good but a little too long, it went an hour over.

Mr. Bong. He and I have made some more contact! Of course he still is in a rough situation, some things I really think are a bad idea, but might turn out great. So he has found a new girlfriend, that's the bad part, BUT he talked with her about our church and he said that he wants to take her to our church!!! How great is that :) Also, he wants to grab something to eat together in the next few weeks. We are making small progress with him :)

Thats about it for me. Time is low. I love you all so much have a great week and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

--
Love,

메시크 장로
Elder Messick

P.S. Happy b-day Matt and Mark if you read this :) hahha

[ My old korean comp. He goes home this transfer :( ]


[The "family posterity" my trainer, his two greenies, my two greenies, and Clearwater's greenie! ]


[ A family we ate with this week ]


[ Dinner with 최성택 :) Remember him!?!?? ]


[ The lady who cut my hair hahah. She loves me. Hah. ]

1 comment:

  1. Lovin' the haircut and yellow "Helping Hands" vest in Korean! Such a happy Missionary!

    ReplyDelete