Monday, November 5, 2012

[ ON TO #12... ]

As we would have guessed, I am here in Bu-Cheon for another transfer! That makes 4 here now and onto #12 in the mission. It does slow down, it only goes by faster...


Bu-Cheon is doing really good. I just love it here and I am so happy that I have another transfer with such a good ward. They are all so amazing. And not to mention continuing to teach the investigators. That is always by far the hardest part of transferring, saying bye to investigators, so it's a good thing I don't have to worry about that! We have soo many investigators here. Some have fallen off, but we continue to find. I hate when we lose investigators, but maybe they just aren't quite ready YET!

Hm. Well I think today I want to talk about two kids named 승준 (seung jun) and 영진 (young jeen). I met them on the bus last week. As we were taking the bus home from an appointment there were these two kids that came on the bus and sat in the back, one row behind me. I turned around and just said hi. They were soo nice so I asked if I could come sit by them. We chatted for a few minutes and found out we were the same age (which is a big deal in Korea) so we were automatically like best buds hahah. I was able to bring up why I was in Korea and said some questions we are here to answer which was exactly some things they were wondering about. Long story short, I set a return appointment and we met again last night. We were able to talk about why there are so many churches today (ESPECIALLY IN KOREA) and what our purpose is here in life. They haven't been very religious growing up so it was a little tough for them, but they have mad respect for us so they are willing to listen to what we have to say. Seung-Jun said I am just always so happy and smiley and passionate and wants to be like that. I told him it's all because of the gospel! We will meet again next Sunday :)

Another wonderful thing going on here right now in Bu-Cheon is the Yoo family. We met with them again on Saturday at their home and the whole family was there!! On of the first times in my whole mission. Dad, mom, and 3 boys. We were able to explain about the restoration of the gospel leaving some things with them, like 2 copies of The Book of Mormon, a restoration pamphlet, and the family proclamation. We tried to invite them to church the next day, but they had already made plans, so they said this next Sunday they would be able to come. I can't even imagine the reaction we will get from the ward when a WHOLE family comes. I am so excited about the work here :)

MANY MANY MANYYY more things are going on here in Bu-Cheon but I just can't fill you in on all of it. SORRY! I am doing my best in my journal writing so we will have everything when I'm home. :) Continue to pray for the investigators out here for us. They need the prayers more than I do!! Take care this week and I'll talk to you next. I love you!!!

--
Love,

메시크 장로
Elder Messick

P.S. Happy Halloween!!! Thank you mom and dad for my Halloween candy :)) You're the best!

P.P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACKI!!!!! I LOVE YOU SIS!!!

P.P.P.S. Happy b-day Elder Jordan. I love you man!!!


1 comment: