Sunday, October 21, 2012

[ TRANSFER #11 COMES TO A CLOSE ]

Wow, another 6 weeks has already gone by here in Bu-Cheon. Its crazy to think I have already been here for 4 and a half months. Transfer calls will be coming tonight, but because of the new training system it isn't nearly guaranteed that neither of us will be moving unless there is a need. That will put me at 4 transfers here in Bu-Cheon and man do I love it here.
[ 12 week trainer's follow up training + missionaries going home ]


If you remembered, we were supposed to have a baptism yesterday, but well it didn't happen. Sister Oh has kind of disappeared. We don't know exactly what happened. I feel like she just has been reallyyyy busy lately, but accidentally gives the impression that she is ignoring us. I don't know to be honest. I hope this week we can get better contact and help get her back on the road to baptism and confirmation. Same thing goes for the other Sister Oh we are teaching, we haven't had much contact this week. We plan to just stop by her work tonight and see if she is there to say hello.

We did have a sweet miracle this last week. I got a phone call from a member in Geum-Cheon (my 2nd area) telling me she had a family interested in learning English and about the Church. Well, we went there on Friday and it went reallyyy well. It's a family of 5! I am SOO excited let me tell you! Hahah There are 3 boys. They attended church 2 years ago but moved and stopped going since then. We were able to introduce our church well and I see some really good potential! we will meet again this Saturday! The family name is Yoon. Sort of off topic, but not at the same time. So I got a letter from Mark Bracken a few months ago, and those are some of the best letters you are SO funny Mark, but ya anyways, I got a letter from him and he talked about how he wanted to baptize families, which is one of my personal missionary goals. He said he reached a point in him mission where he decided to start praying to find, teach, and baptize FAMILIES. I realized that was exactly what I needed to do! I have been trying it out and over the past few months I have met with more families than I have my whole mission. None have been baptized yet, but we will get there. I know it!

This week on Saturday we had to help in putting together a big charity event. There are some missionaries out serving from our stake, their home stake, that are struggling to pay for their missions, so we did this big like charity drive thing. It was pretty time consuming, but seemed to be successful. I am not sure if they reached their goal on money or not, but hopefully :)




At church on Sunday, brother Kim, the man who comes with his son, came to church again for the 6th time now. He is just being so scared though of baptism. I had a really good talk with him and our ward mission leader about his concerns, specifically the word of wisdom, tithing, and the restoration, and it seemed to go really well. I tried relating it to missions and how we have tons of rules. WE don't know why we have them, but when we follow we are blessed and when we don't we aren't BUT there is ALWAYS repentance. I think we are making progress, slowly but surely.

That's about all I got to update you guys on for this week. Grandma, I still am praying for you and all that is going on. I love you!

I love all of you guys. Sure I haven't seen you for a year and a half, but I love you guys even more! The mission has helped change me for the better. I am started to understand life a little bit better, our purpose and more importantly, God's purpose. He does everything for our benefit. He is GOD and yet he wants to help US. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is so simple if we just keep in mind that it is all for our benefit. I know that Christ is our Savior and that this is His work.

Take care this week. I'll talk to you next week! Love ya!!!

--
Love,

메시크 장로
Elder Messick

[ Missionary buds going home: Elder Rowe & Elder Lambert ]



[ P-Day football!!! My team one the tournament :) ]

1 comment:

  1. Some sad, some happy news this week! Elder Messick just keeps working hard to share happiness with everyone! I am so grateful!

    ReplyDelete