Sunday, December 2, 2012

[ TRANSFER CALLS! ]

Hey guys! Well tonight's the night for me! We will be getting our transfer calls, sending me into transfer #13. Of course anything can happen, but it's looking like I will be heading to my next and most likely last area. It makes me sad to think I will leave Bu-Cheon because I really love this area. I say that about all of them, but this area is just awesome! Every member is just the best!! I will come back here to visit no question. :)

Well I think the highlight of my week this week was Boo. Let me explain. So this was a girl who I home taught while going to school at BYU-H. She was a senior, I was just a freshman so it was a bit awkward, but we did it anyways because it was our calling. She was really quiet and our meetings weren't very long. BUT, after I got my mission call to Korea she totally lit up! She was so happy every time we met and she loved to tell me about Korea. Well she graduated from school and now is teaching at an English Academy in the area right next to mine. This week we had a dinner appointment with a member who lives in that area, so I was able to set up a little meeting to say hi. We chatted and she told me how much we helped her at BYU-H. It was so great getting to see her again. It was strange being able to speak in a different language to her than before. At BYU-H she prayed in Korean and I couldn't understand a word, now we can have a casual conversation without even thinking twice. There is not a doubt in my mind that the gift of tongues is real. On top of that, there isn't a question in my mind that I was called by revelation to be her home teacher, to help her and to prepare me. She will be a lifelong friend of mine.

Another thing that happened this week is with our investigator sister Jeen. She is the investigator just waiting to get married before baptism. Anyways, she had a dog and it was basically like her kid. This week it was hit by a car and she has been having a really hard time with that so we have been trying to comfort her with that. It's given her a stronger desire to keep all of God's commandments, now we just have to re-explain the commandment of baptism I guess!

Brother Kim has been out in the countryside now for 2 weekends so we haven't had a chance to meet, but we will try to meet him tomorrow.

Other than that we did tons of member visits this week giving away these cool member cards that my companion and I put together. It is laminated and has a picture of us and a magnet on the back to put it on their fridge with D&C 76 22 on it. They all love it. :)

Well I need to head, but I love you all so much. have a great week. :)

--
Love,

메시크 장로
Elder Messick

No comments:

Post a Comment