Sunday, December 16, 2012

[ IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS!! :) ]

Hey everyone!

Well my companion and I are getting into the swing of things here and have pretty much everything in order. Well we did, and then we now have another hill to climb haha. So, this last Sunday our ward was combined with two bordering wards turning 3 wards into 1. It's going to be great! We had about 200 people at church on Sunday, UNREAL! :) Now, we have lots of members names to learn on top of countless other things we now have to figure out. There now are 6 missionaries in our ward, 4 elders and 2 sisters. Just speculation, but I think that the other 2 elders' area will be shut down at the next transfer in a few weeks. Our bishop's name is Bishop An. He was the bishop of one of the other wards for about a year and I think it will be very good for missionary work here.

At church yesterday only one of our investigators could make it, but man she is a good investigator! Sister Kim. She wasn't an investigator before we got here, but they were meeting her kids. She now has come to church 2 weeks in a row and thinks it's all really good. During Gospel Principles class the teacher asked me to explain the plan of salvation for her and she really seemed to like that. She thinks it all makes sense and I'm sure it brought her comfort, since her husband has passed away. I have very high hopes for her and her children.

On Saturday night I had a pretty cool experience. So we were out on the streets contacting when I got a call that some girl left her phone at the church and wanted us to go look for it. Right when we show up at the church, there was a lady from another ward in our chapel so we just said hello. She called me over and said this "I was just thinking, it would be so good if the missionaries where here, then boom there you were." She ended up talking to us about a less-active who she knew who had just moved into our ward a week ago and wanted us to contact her. That night when I got home I gave her a call. No answer. A few minutes later I got a text from her asking who we were. As I went on to explain, she was more than thrilled to hear from us! She asked about church, where the building was, and what time sacrament was. The next day we met her at the Subway station and went with her to sacrament. She said she enjoyed it. I was happy that we were at the right spot at the right time to be able to get in contact with this great sister.

I have been helping my companion a lot with adjusting to Korean life and culture. Taking him out to eat some Korean dishes and helping him to speak as much Korean as possible. Sometimes when we contact someone, I will just stand a few feet behind him and try to let him do the whole thing himself until he needs me then I'll help him out. He really is tearin' it up and is going to be a great missionary.

Sorry but I can't think of too much else to update on.

Oh wait, this week we met 2 new 20 yr old investigators, Won and Hong. They are really cool and are curious about The Book of Mormon. They really like to read, so that's good they will have fun reading this book :)

Well fam, I look forward to talking to you on the phone one last time this Christmas! Remember the purpose of Christmas, to remember the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. Without him, we would be absolutely nothing after this life, but he completed the Atonement and suffered for each of us. He lives today and allowed each of us to conquer death and live again. I love our Savior.

Have a great week fam. I love you!!

--
Love,

메시크 장로
Elder Messick

P.S. HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY TO YOU SYDNEY!!! :)

[ 강남 Style ]


[ My Christmas countdown santa from the Masters family :) ]

No comments:

Post a Comment