Monday, January 2, 2012

[ HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012! :) ]

Happy New Year and Happy Birthday Kellie!! It is officially 2012. Wow how time is flying. I am nearing my 5th transfer as the transfer calls come tonight. (I hope SUPER badly to stay in 금천).



This week has been really good, as every other week is. We are still struggling to find investigators as right now we still have none, but we are giving it our all to find.

The miracle that I wrote about last week with the lady for English class, well she ended up coming on Wednesday! She was 30 minutes late, but I was so happy to hear when she called us asking for directions. Because she was there, for gospel time we decided to teach the plan of salvation. She was listening very intently and seemed to understand well. We plan to refer her to the sister missionaries though since it would be better if they taught.

On Saturday I had my "final." I had pass-off with the AP's. I was a bit nervous, but was pretty confident that I could do all of the requirements. Well, I was able to really well and passed off, but i didn't have time to finish everything. :( So i will be going back probably next week to finish it off. It will definitely be a big burden lifted off of my shoulders.

Our recent convert, Lee Dong Gu, is doing so well still. He is continuing to read The Book of Mormon. I have been helping him with his application to BYU-H. He is so excited. As for a mission, he says he wants to go, but his parents, especially his mom, won't let him. His mom is a less-active of our church and actively attends another christian church so I am guessing that is why. Maybe they will change their minds and going to BYU-H will help him in going out to serve the Lord.

A cool little experience happened this week that helped me learn the principle of humility. My companion and I were out streetboarding and it was pretty cold outside. We opened our little hand warmers so our hands wouldn't be so cold when we shook the hands of those we were contacting. Anyways, Elder Yoo was contacting someone and then before the person left, Elder Yoo gave his hand warmer to him. It really was pure love because he had no jacket on that day or anything. He truly loves everyone and just is so humble. Truly was an example of Christ.

The language continues to come. Having a native as a companion is such a blessing. It is weird because I will be talking to him then use a grammar form i have never read in a book, but have just learned it from hearing it. God really does bless us missionaries with the Gift of Tongues as we show our diligence in serving Him. I am so grateful for this.

I am so grateful for The Book of Mormon. Before my mission I took this book for granted. I didn't read it every day. I didn't understand how special of a book it truly is. It is one of God's greatest blessings He has ever given to us. THrough the book of mormon we can learn of the FULLNESS of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Joseph Smith gave his life for this book. As we read it we can find and receive personal revelation. I testify of this. I know this to be true as i have seen it for myself. I love The Book of Mormon and I love this Gospel.

Happy new year to all of you. I love you guys sooo much. Have an EPIC week :)

Love,
Elder Messick

Did you see my trainer in this months Liahona!?


The way koreans move is just awesome isn't it  & getting my shoes fixed in the tiniest little box ever, only 2 bucks though and a free shine. :)


Korean traditional dresses. Like for new years and when they get married and stuff.



Face masks, a christmas present from Kim Me Ryang. Haha!


Crazy guy feeding me candy. Haha!

1 comment:

  1. Crazy guy - looks like a crazy lady!!! Hahaha! And he looks very cold! Brrr. Bless his heart!

    ReplyDelete