Monday, December 26, 2011

[ MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR ]

Dear Family and Friends,

Merry Christmas. It was so wonderful to talk you on the phone this morning. I wish it could have been longer. As for my weekly update, I need to be short since we have to fill out this survey for the mission work and stuff.

This week was awesome. I was able to witness a little miracle as I was on the bus this week. I was contacting an old man and all the sudden he started yelling at me and just telling me that there is no way The Book of Mormon could be true. It was hard because my companion was talking to another person so there wasn't much I could do other than just smile at him and take it. I finally was aable to just get a word in and just bore testimony of the truthfulness of the book. He just ignored me and got off the bus. Here's the miracle. Because of the conversation a mom of 3 came up to me and was asking about what we do as missionaries. She was telling me how we are doing great work. She found out about our English class and wants to come. It was such a miracle to me of how God just puts us in the right situations to lead to things we have no idea are going to happen. I am so grateful to be in the service of our Savior. I love him and am grateful for the Atonement and the plan of salvation. I know our family is eternal. I love you all so very much. Merry Christmas to you!


Love,
Elder Messick

ps. sorry for the typos. no time and my fingers are freezing.



















1 comment:

  1. Scotty your Korean sounded SO good :) Imagine how good it will be next Christmas!! Can't wait to hear your voice again, love you little brother.

    ReplyDelete