Sunday, December 4, 2011

[ FAST SUNDAY #7 ]

Dear Family and Friends:

안녕하세요! Hey everyone :) I hope you all had a great week. Of course mine was awesome, as always.

This week we recieved a referral from our Stake President's wife (they are in our ward). His name is 이동구 (Lee-Dong-Gu). He is the same age as me, 20 in korea and 19 American age. His mom is a less active of our church, well she is baptized into our church but attends another. This kid is so awesome though. He came to our church about 10 years ago, but just got busy with school and everything. However, he is now meeting with us 3 or 4 times a week, enjoys coming to church, and actually is getting baptized this Saturday! We have received permission to baptize him before attending church 3 times(he has come twice) because he used to attend. Brother Lee actually wants to go to BYU-H so we talk about that too. He is truly a blessing and miracle from the Lord. Elder Yoo and I have been working so hard and the Lord has helped guide us (well the Stake President's wife) to the prepared. So it's true. REFERRAL DO WORK! If you ever have anyone who comes to your mind about wanting to share the Gospel with them, talk to the missionaries about it. :)


Our investigator 김미량 (Kim- Mee- Ryang) had a bit of a rough week. I gave her the commitment to be baptized on christmas eve and she told us she wasn't sure if she wants to be baptized. It really made me sad when she said this, but I have realized that that is a good thing that she said this. Now, WHEN she gets baptized it won't be for us or just to do it, but she will be baptized because she felt the Spirit testify to her that it is the right thing to do. She isn't sure what the Spirit feels like right now so our goal this week is to help her recognize the good feelings that she is having is the Spirit.

On Thursday I was able to participate in a huge service activity in an event that the city does every year. They make 5000 pounds of Kim-Chee for the homeless or less fortunate people for during the winter season. It was really cool and fun. I was pretty bad a actually making the kim-chee so they just put me on box duty haha. Still was great though.





I have been able to bond a lot this week with the ward. My Korean confidence has really grown this week and I have been talking with the ward members. I have been playing with their kids, which they really like. I bore my testimony on Sunday and I felt like the ward is really starting to trust Elder Yoo and I.



The day for calling home is just around the corner. I am so excited to talk to you about everything and hear your awesome korean.

I love you guys so much. I hope you have a great week. Be safe :)

--
Love,
Elder Messick

1 comment: