Monday, January 16, 2012

[ BIG WEEK OF MIRACLES! ]

Hey!!!

Wow! What a week we had here in 송파! In fact, this week for our whole zone was just incredible, over 20 new investigators were found this week alone! That's a TON for Korea. Haha.

Before I get going on my week, I just wanted to say how stoked I am for my boy Elder Scott Jordan and his mission call to Australia!!! Congrats man. I will definitely want to go visit your mission with you after! Haha.

Also, this next week is one of the biggest holidays in Korea SOOO i will not be emailing next Monday. Everything will be closed down so i will be emailing you on my Wednesday morning at about 8:30-9:30 am. Hope that works for you guys.

This week we had 2 investigators come to church. One of their names is 권한솔 guown-han-sol (Brian) and the other is 이주연 lee-ju-yun(Ju). They are super cool. So Brian lived in Idaho for a year to study English. His is 19 years old. He lived with an LDS family their but never was baptized. Now, living in Korea, he went on his own to see the Seoul temple. Because of this, he was referred to us. We are now teaching him and it is going great. He has a baptismal date set for 2/4! He seems to be REALLY ready.

As for Ju, she is a girl (29) who we found last week on the Subway. I wrote about her in your letter Mom and Dad last week. Anyways, she went to school for 1 year at SLC community college for English. She also went to church there but never understood too much. She is one who God definitely led us to. There is not a question in my mind about that. God cares about each and every one of His children.


Our investigator 이세원, Lee Say Wuon, the referral from Canada, is still doing great also. She now has a baptismal date for the 4th of February also.

The miracles are just flowing. We have so many prepared people right now. I am so grateful for all the blessings God is giving to us.

For p-day this last week we went to the War Museum. It was a pretty cool place. It just was all about the war with North Korea. It had old planes, tanks, and what not. I will send some pics too.







I forgot to mention. When I went to the war museum, we met up with my recent convert, Lee Dong Sun from when i served in Nok-Bun. He is doing SOOO well. He is even singing in the stake choir. That card he is holding up is the contact card we gave him the first day we met. He still carries in his wallet to this day!!!





Sorry everything was so jumbled this week and kind of over the place. I just can't really get my thoughts straight. All I can really say is that the Lord has His hand in this work. He is right here with us. He is guiding us to the prepared. His work is moving forward, boldly and nobly. Miracles happen every day. Whether they be small or big (like this week) they are always there. I know this is the work of the Lord. This is the true Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I love you guys sooo much. If you have questions on things I explained terribly just let me know :) Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Messick

P.S. Happy Birthday Grandma Messick! I LOVE YOU!!!!

1 comment:

  1. In the words of Dallen "Awesome. I should go on my mission there".

    ReplyDelete