Monday, January 30, 2012

[ HELLO AGAIN! ]

Hey guys! Wow already email time again. This one came up quick since there was a longer gap last week. Not sure how much I can really update you on since I sent such a long one last week, but I'll try. ^^


Our investigators, well we have so many! The most I have ever had for sure! It's tough to keep track of everything. I don't know how Ryan and Thane do it in Argentina!! But in all seriousness they really are doing great. One in particular is Lee-Ju-Yun (이주연). She is the one that we met on the subway and went to school at SLC community college for one year. Well, she loves coming to church! She hasn't missed a week since we met. We had a lesson with her after church yesterday with a guy in our ward named Matt, he's an American married to a Korean, fluent...). Anyways, the lesson went really good! We talked about the plan of salvation. Before going to Utah, she had no religious background. She had never really thought of life after death and it really sparked her interest. It really got her thinking. It was so cool to watch it just click. Anyways, have committed her to be baptized on Feb. 18th. One thing she really understands well is the purpose of baptism. Its NOT just for the numbers. It's not just to baptize a less-active. She knows, if she gets baptized, she is committing to be on the team and to stay on the team. I am so happy for her and I pray that she may continue to work towards baptism on that date. Keep her in your prayers please.


Another awesome investigator that is doing well is (Go-Hoon) or 고훈. He is the kid who I met last week at the bus stop. Well we met again and he brought his girlfriend. We introduced The Book of Mormon to him, shared our favorite verses and testified of it's truthfulness. He told us that he wants to meet together 3 times a week. We will do the '30/30' program with him (30 minutes of English teaching, 30 min of Gospel). We will meet tonight and teach all about God and Jesus Christ. Hope it goes well.



Our investigator Lee Say Won's baptismal date has been pushed back to the 18th also. She just isn't quite ready. She says our church is really good, but doesn't know if it's true yet. Well out of time for this week. I got some pictures to send though. Hope you like em :)
I love you guys so much. I love this work soooo much. This work is so amazing. Not only is it fun, but it is helping bring souls unto salvation. I hope you guys are able to have a good safe week. I am always praying for you guys :)

Love,
Elder Messick

2 comments:

  1. So glad he's still playing ping pong! Keep up the good work Elder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not gonna lie, when I saw the caption for the 1st picture "street boarding" before I saw the photo, I was totally expecting to see Scotty on a skateboard, haha!!! Glad to see this is what that meant :) So proud of all the hard work spreading the good word.

    ReplyDelete