Wednesday, January 11, 2012

[ NEW AREA! - SONG-PA 2 (송파 2) ]

Hey everyone!

Well guess what!? I have been transferred to the other side of Seoul, called Song-Pa. I was on the south west side of Seoul and now I have moved to the South East side. This area is would have been part of the old Seoul West Mission, and in fact our Church is where their headquaters were, so this is an old AP area. It is a great area with a very strong ward of about 55 members.


[ Map of our HUGE area ]


[ Church ]

My companion's name is Elder Mersmann, does that name sound familiar?! I was living in the same house as him my first transfer in Geum Cheon. It definitely caught me off guard when President Lee told me that on the phone, but not in a bad way. It is going to be a great transfer and we will be able to get a lot of work done :)


[ House and companion ]

A few days before I came here, Song Pa received a "golden" referral. She was a referral from the church headquaters. She lived in Canada for a year studying English. while living there, she found out about the church and met with the missionaries there. She told them that she preferred to be baptized in Korea so she wanted to wait. We have met with her once and she is so awesome. She is 26 years old a really just a cool girl. She really thinks the word of wisdom is awesome, but isn't sure about the coffee and tea, right now. This problem isn't to serious though. We just have to show her that if she has a testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith, then he really did receive revelation for the word of wisdom.

My house is another 4 man area. We live with the zone leaders which is pretty cool. I really like that because i can ask lots of questions and advice. The only problem is...the house is pretty stinking small for 4 people. We have one dresser for 4 of us and a tiny closet so we hang most of our stuff in like this little sunroom thing. kind of weird.

Something cool about this area is... we have a COSTCO!!! American food, in bulk!! I am so stoked on it! haha. We went this week and i was able to stock up on some chicken, cereal, oatmeal, and a few other goodies :)


[ New house ]


[ My room ]


[ My desk ]


[ Zone Leaders room with Elder Frei ]


[ Bedroom, I know they need to make their beds! ]

Some more good news. I PASSED OFF!! I am officially a certified teacher now and can become a Trainer whenever President calls. It is truly a huge burden of relief off of my shoulders.


[ Pass off book ]


[ AP I passed off with, Elder Summers ]

I am excited to be in my new area and to witness more miracles. I love being involved in the work of the Lord. He truly is our Savior, Brother, and Redeemer. He lives and leads and guides His church today. I know this is true with all my heart.

Lastly, congrats to my big sister Aubrey for having her first baby! Blair Frances Laidlaw. She is so beautiful. I am so excited to watch her and Sydney Rose grow up together. Such a blessing.

Ok one more, I just wanted to mention a story of one of the biggest acts of faith i have heard, Kenzie's friend and roommate Kelly has decided to get baptized. He parents are in disagreement and have decided to cut all of he funds. However, she is deciding to go forward in faith and be baptized. Kelly, you are amazing and I am so happy that you have made this decision. You are still in my prayers.

I love you all!

Love,
Elder Messick

P.S. Happy birthday this week to Taylor Messick, Elissa Newby, and my Aunt Debi! :)


[ Seoul Temple groundbreaking shovel in our church ]


[ Family in our ward we ate dinner with ]


[ Junk yard, with Spidy!!! ]


[ Last day in Geum Cheon, SNOW at a park by our church ]


[ Saying goodbye to Elder Yoo ]

1 comment:

  1. Dallen LOVED the spiderman picture!! He couldn't believe Scotty got to meet him on his mission. He even included Scotty and Spiderman in his prayers that night :)

    ReplyDelete