Sunday, July 29, 2012

[ INVITING OTHERS UNTO CHRIST! ]

Hey family!! :)

Well this was an amazing week. I will start with the hightlight! Our investigator Kim Hway Seung, or Mr. Bong, is no longer an investigator. He is a member!!! As you know, his scheduled baptismal date was for the 29th, but we had some sudden changes. On friday, I got a text from him asking to change it to the 28th, the next day. The reason being is for a big family situation with his wife. He needed to leave at 2am on sunday to go to Busan. But he still really wanted to get baptized so after lots of quick planning and getting calls for approval, he was baptized on saturday and then confirmed at the service. It was so great guys. It was such a feeling of peace at the service. He told me after he was baptized that he is a new Mr. Bong. He gets a new start. And he is exactly right. I had the privilage of baptizing him. That was my first time ever doing that and it was something else! In the water with my hand up I just felt like I was doing exactly what our Savior wants me to be doing. Our water boiler broke so the water was cold, but it didn't even bother Mr. Bong nor I. What an experience.





Some other good stuff for the week. So on Monday we had our investigator Jeen Meen Jung and her fiance take us into Seoul and we went to Seoul Tower. It was pretty cool! We could see over all of Seoul. I got some good pictures for you :)






On Tuesday was our temple day. We had a great time as always. I love the temple and I am so grateful to have one in my mission so I can go once a transfer. What a blessing.


I got some SWEET family pics this week from Gma and Gpa so thank you to you two for that! It is always sooo good to see you guys. I wouldn't mind some more pics from anyone hahah :)

We have met lots of new investigators this week. One specifically is Kim Nam Me. He has soo much potential. He has told us how he really wants to know the truth, but when he prays he just doesn't feel anything. He is fully committed to try Moroni's challenge. Read, ponder, and pray. I promised him that if he would do so, he would get an answer. We will meet again this week. :)

Transfer calls are tonight!!! I don't think too much will happen though. Crazy a transfer went by that fast!

Well I love you guys sooo much. I hope all is well for you back home. Stay safe and healthy please. I'll talk to you next week. Love you!

Elder Messick




1 comment:

  1. I just love seeing him all in white! He is such a happy missionary!

    ReplyDelete