Sunday, July 8, 2012

[ HI FAMILY!!!!! HAPPY 4th OF JULY!! ]

WHAT'S UP!

Happy Birthday America! Happy 4th of July to all of you :) This week was a bit longer than most, but still great nonetheless. So all of you guys are livin it up right now on the sands of the Pacific. How is it?! That's my all time favorite family tradition! Soak it all in for me :)

So I am not feelin so hot right now so I will probably keep this email a little bit shorter than usual. Sorry!!

Our area is seeing a lot of success. When I came it was pretty stagnant, but we are working hard to find, to teach, and to baptize. We have found 3 new investigators this week. One came to our English class. One was a referral of a girl serving in SLC temple square. her parents aren't members and so we met the mother. COOL! And the last one is quite the miracle. Let me explain. So while we were contacting on the street I got a phone call from a guy who told me he attended english classes from the missionaries over 15 years ago and would now like his kids to meet with us. So on Saturday, we me, him, his wife, his two daughters, and their baby son. This is the first family I have taught my WHOLE mission! I am soo excited. While we met he asked me questions like so what makes this church different from other christian churches and what our service meetings were like. I am so excited to meet them again this week.

I renewed my visa this week! I hit my year in country in just 2 weeks! Time is just flying on by.

I got to go back to my old area, Geum Cheon, for a meeting. They have completely redone their English program and it is really successful so they were teaching us what they did. We hope to apply some of those principles. It was great seeing all the old faces again too.

We have had SO many meal appointments here this week. The ward really loves the missionaries :) Hope I don't get toooo fat ;)

Well family. This Gospel is true. It is there for you in the thick and the thin. I love our Savior and I know that He lives. Sometimes it may be harder to feel His love, but that's when you need to seek Him the most. He's just around the corner calling your name. I love you all and hope you have a great week.

Love,
Elder Messick

[ Gotta love the streetboarding. ] 


[ A couple of ward members we ate on sunday with. ] 


[ Kind of a lame view part of my area. The roof was locked so it's from the window. ]

No comments:

Post a Comment