Sunday, July 8, 2012

[ HI!!!!! ]

Hey everyone! Well this is quite the busy email sesh. I've been sitting here for quite a while and I'm just getting this started so sorry if it's a little short. This week, although full of personal trials, was incredible!!

So as I said, I had a bit of a rough week last week on Monday. As I went home that night I made a new commitment to find, teach and baptize. As we went out to contact that night I had SO much fire. I was just sharing testimony with everyone. I wanted to tell EVERYONE! Then I saw a man sit down by a store. I went over to him and asked if I could sit. We started to talk. I told him who I was and what I was doing. He really started to open up with me and told me a really tough situation he was in. I testified SO powerfully though the Spirit that I KNOW our message is true and that I was sent here to tell him this. He said this. "I believe you. I believe what you're telling me. I can see like a light beaming around you. I feel something special right now." This just blew me away. God had led me to him and him to me. We met again on Friday. Taught the restoration and accepted a "soft" baptismal commitment. He ended the meeting with a wonderful closing prayer. He came to church yesterday and the ward fellowshipped him really well. He said he felt very comfortable there and really enjoyed it. 

This kinda leads to another problem. So his situation. He and his wife had an argument 3 weeks ago and she left to Busan with no way to contact her.  He told us he wants to make up for his mistakes. Anyways, at church he saw all the "mommies" and it made him a little sad. But he feels like everything is going to work out. I know this story was really scattered but it's quite the miracle. I am so grateful to God for helping me follow the Spirit in who to talk to and what to say.

Dad, you won Ryan Sheckler's golf tournament!?!?!?!? Are you serious. That is the sickest thing ever.
You are such a stud. Definitely worthy of a shout out :)

I should go so I can attach some photos. I love you guys soooo much. I know this Gospel is true and that this is His church. I know that as we all follow Tanner's example and enter into a covenant with God we can open the gateway to eternal life. I testify of this. I love you all. have a great week!!!!

--
Elder Messick







1 comment:

  1. Hoping he feels better really soon! Poor guy! I hate to hear that he's been sick!

    ReplyDelete