Sunday, July 15, 2012

[ KANG-SEO STAKE IS ON FIRE! :) ]

Hey guys! 안녕하세요? How was everybody's week?? As you can assume from the subject of the email my week was great! We really are seeing so much success here. Like I said a few weeks ago, when I came it was pretty stagnant, but over the last few weeks our whole zone is really just tearing it up. This week we found 3 more investigators again! The rest of the zone is also finding and has many progressing investigators. But the biggest news of the week; Mr. Bong or his real name, Kim-Hway-Seung. He is the man we met about weeks ago now. I just started talking to him and it is turning into a bigger and bigger miracle every day. We met with him Saturday and taught the second lesson, the plan of salvation. We made it clear how essential baptism is to receive God's greatest gift. Then I extended the commitment to be baptized on the 29th of this month. He has accepted. Not only did he accept, but he asked what he could do to prepare! How cool is that. Well on Sunday he attended sacrament meeting and loved it. He said it always brings him a feeling of comfort, especially for the situation that he is in. After church, we met and taught the commandment we are worried about, the word of wisdom. He has smoked for the last 3 years. Oh he is 29 years old by the way. Anyways, as we taught it he completely saw how his body is a temple and needs to keep it sacred. He said he will quit smoking to be baptized by the 29th. Later that day on Sunday, we were invited to eat dinner with a member in our ward and another family also. They told us to bring Mr. Bong. He gladly accepted the offer. We ate together and the ward members did AWESOME!!! We talked a little more about the word of wisdom and then they helped explain what the temple is. He loved it! Even though I knew the answer, I asked our former bishop, so how long after he is baptized does he have to wait to do temple baptisms. When he heard he can go almost right after he got SO excited! He truly is one prepared from God. I am sooo incredibly grateful and humbled by the fact that God led me to him and how God has prepared him for this Gospel. What a miracle.


Another thing that happened this week was our first president interviews with our new mission president, President Christensen. He is such a great man and has a real deep knowledge of the Gospel. I wish I was that smart. And his wife. She is just the nicest lady. She brought some American candy for all of us while we waited to go have our interview :) Our president is called of God. I know it. Ya things are going to be REALLYYY different with an American now, but it will be good for the mission and I think that the whole mission is just going to reach a new level. I have faith that Korea will just start accepting the Gospel like it's a free Holiday edition Reese's (the best candy ever!).

I love you guys so much. I am so grateful to be out here in Korea. I have been called here by God to teach them the Gospel in their tongue and that's exactly what I'm doing. I never thought this would be possible 1 year ago. But hey, God doesn't break his promises if you do your part. I know that's true. I love you guys. Be safe this week and stay healthy. Talk to you next week!

Love,
Elder Messick

P.S. Happy birthday DAD! I love you. And also a big happy b-day to E. Roche!!!! I love you bud. 생일 축하해!
P.P.S. Happy 1 year in the country to me :))))))

[ Thanks G'ma I'm living the high life :)) ]


[ Ping pong ]


[ A wonderful family in our ward. The Lee's. ]


[ My buddy in our ward. He is leaving for America to study next week. :( ]


[ An old random tree that is in the middle of the road. ]


No comments:

Post a Comment