Sunday, August 5, 2012

[ HEY FAM!! ]

Well it's a new transfer! Transfer #10 can you believe that!? Already in double digits. As you would have guessed things stayed the same and I will "kill" Elder Bacarro, or stay with him until he goes home. I received specific instruction from President to make sure he doesn't "get trunky" hahah. He is a great missionary and we are working hard :)

The weather here has been unreal! Totally different than last summer. Last summer was a record setting summer for amount of rain that came. This year is a record for heat. It's the hottest it's been since 1994. All week it has been 37 degrees C, not sure about F, and just ridiculously humid!! Oh man I start sweating like 2 minutes after I am out of taking a cold shower. But I love it wayyy more than the winter haha. When I sweat I smile I don't know why hah.

Our week was a bit less hectic than usual, but we were still quite busy. Since I'm sure you are curious, Mr. Bong is still doing very well, however he is still way down in Bu-san. He told me he will probably come back in a few days, but isn't sure when. Some good news is I asked him about the smoking. I asked if he had given in to his past addiction. This is what he said. "No I can't do that. God would be mad. I need His blessings." How cool is that!?!?

On Tuesday morning, we woke up early and heading out to the far end of our area to help a less active lady move. Moving in Korea is quite different from America. They put a like elevator type thing out of one of the windows then put it all out the window into the truck. It was great to do some real service for some people. It's really hard to come by for us here.

We had a really cool experience with helping out one of our members this week. So we were out at one of our less actives house trying to strengthen a relationship with them. It went really well and they asked us to come back in an hour after they ate dinner to play soccer with her kids. Well during that hour, I had the thought of going to visit an active member family's home near the area. I thought it was just because I reallyyy like the family and wanted to say hi and share a scripture, but God had more in store. When we get there, the father invites us in and we just chat for a little. Just small talk you know. Then I asked if I could share a scripture and it was just like a normal visit. When we were about to leave he really opened up with us. He told us he is really going through a struggle right now at work. His boss is always disagreeing with everything, especially on religion and he doesn't know what to do. He asked us for a blessing. After, he told us he feels like God led us to his house because he was in need of uplifting. He was very grateful. I think he said 감사함니다 (kahm-saw-hahm-ne-da) like 10 times haha. I have a testimony that if we just do whatever we feel is right, even if we aren't sure if it's the spirit or not then things will work out. Recognizing the Spirit is really hard, but if we just do it we can look back, see what the feeling was like and apply that to future situations. I know I expressed that poorly, but hopefully you get what I mean :)

Lastly, I just want to share about something cool that I saw in an investigators home a few weeks about and just have kept thinking about it. Mom and dad, I was going to use this as your word of the week, but I like it too much so I'll share it with everyone. So this lady is catholic so she is religious. Anyways, on her wall she had some thing that said something along these lines. When you have a 기로(key-row), then 기도 (key-dough), which means when you have a crossroad then pray. I really like it. Anytime we have a question or need to make a decision, we need to turn to God. Since He is all-knowing, He has the best answer for us. We just need to ask :)

I love you guys so much and hope you all take care. I'll talk to you next week!!!

--
Elder Messick

P.S. Happy Birthday to my buds McKay and Noah!! I love you guys :)
P.P.S. Happy Anniversary to Jacki and Mark and also to you Kenz :)


So do you remember Kim Pyoung Moo?  He is the less active that I randomly met on the street about 3 months ago. He wants help with English. He got in a fight with the ward like 4 years ago. Anyways, he and I meet up still all the time and he really likes us a lot. Things are going well and the missionaries in his area are starting to meet him now. Maybe church is just around the corner. :)

1 comment: