Sunday, August 12, 2012

[ CRAZY WEEK!! ]

Hey guys!!!! What's up!!! well I gotta admit it's kind of a bummer that this is a week that nobody can chat because I have BIG news for me this week!! JK you just got on :) Anyways...

 Ok so I'll tell the whole story, well until what I know now. So on Friday night I received a phone call from President Christensen telling me that I am being emergency transferred on Saturday by 12 to a new area to white wash that area, called Kang-Dong, which is right next to Song-Pa. Anyways, the next morning, I woke up and tried to get all my stuff together very quickly, going on the streets looking for a box for my stuff. Anyways, once everything gets all packed up and ready to go, I get another call from the APs saying that I need to hold on and the transfer won't take place until Monday. Well it's Monday now and I am still here!! We aren't sure what exactly will happen. The situation has nothing to do with me so don't worry about that. I guess another Elder might be going home so we are waiting on that decision. So I should get another phone call from the APs soon letting me know if I am staying or going.

Well, as for my week here in Bu-Cheon before all that happened, it was pretty good! On Tuesday we helped out a less active lady in our ward. She has started up an English academy from her house and she asked for our help (academies are HUGE in Korea!) Anyways, we played some games with the kids and they all loved us. I think the less-active was really appreciative of it. Just little by little we can help her to come back. It just starts with love and service.



On Wednesday or Thursday we met a really nice lady. As we were walking we hear her just say Latter-day saints. So I talked to her and I was like oh how do you know us? She said I read a book. Of course I say oh this book, pointing to The Book of Mormon. She replies no a different one so I went on to tell her if she wants to really know then she needs to read this book. She gladly accepted it and then went and bought us some ice cream. It was really cool because at first we thought she was a really mean lady but she turned out to be really nice. We weren't able to get her number, but she has ours. Maybe sometime down the road.

We picked up a new investigator this week and guess what!? He is from the Philippines!! So for the whole hour lesson him and my companion just talk back and forth in Tagalog. It is neither of their native tongues since they both have a different dialect but it was so cool. Something funny is sometimes my companion would forget the word and say it in Korean and just start laughing. Aside from that, David is a reallyyyy good investigator and has accepted a soft baptism. He couldn't make it to church because of work, but I think next week he can. He has a testimony of Joseph Smith and believes The Book of Mormon, well at least that's what my companion told me haha.

Something I learned while being in this area is how important attitude is. If you go into something with a positive attitude amazing things can happen and it can change others. For example, I remember my first day coming here my companion told me that our ward mission leader was really tough and super strict and he didn't like him too much. I just said great let's do work!! I had a really positive attitude about it and now my companion and I both LOVE our ward mission leader and he even fed us dinner last night. He is like our best friend. All because of attitude.


This week I ate some weird soup stuff. It doesn't sound that gross, but man was it nasty. We were walking to the church when some ward members drove by and asked us if we had time to eat with them. We ended up getting this like pig head and pig skin soup. I don't recommend it.

I randomly met someone on the street on Saturday that came up to me and said I want to go to church. COOL! Well he ended up coming to 2 and a half hours yesterday! We will meet again tomorrow.

That's all for now! Still no call from the APs sorry!!! Have a great week guys. I love you!!

--
Elder Messick

1 comment: