Tuesday, May 1, 2012

[ CRAZY WEEK! WORK HARD = SUCCESS ]

Hey everyone!! We had a great week here in Song-Pa. We are seeing lots of success and have been really working hard to fulfill all that is required of us.


This last week as you know was Lee-Say-Won's scheduled baptismal date, but I have a long story about that. She wasn't able to get baptized because she is really going through a really tough time emotionally. She didn't open up too much until I had a phone call with her where we found out a lot. Right now her father has liver cancer and he just had surgery to get it all removed. She is struggling with that and didn't understand why he has to go through that. I was able to share some scriptures over the phone and explain how it's a trial of her faith and it will make her stong and how God has a plan for everything. It helped her out a lot, but still is wanting to take things slow. She was able to make it to church yesterday though which was awesome :)

Actually chuch yesterday was sick!! It was actually our ward conference. I never thought that was like a big deal, but here it seems to be a huge deal. It really got our ward doing less-active work! On average we have about 60-70 people come to sacrament meeting, but this week we have about 120 people! And 3 of those were our investigators :) (Lee-Say-Won; Lee-Ju-Yun; and Kim-So-Hee)

I mentioned how we had a really successful week. Well my companion and I have been really trying to focus on hitting our weekly goals that we set in our weekly planning session and we have been seeing lots of success from that. This last week we were able to pick up 4 new investigators! 2 of those were former investigators, 1 was a miracle find, and the 4th was a random person who got our number from calling information hahaha.

I mentioned a miracle find. So his name is Lee-hung (이형) He only has a two syllable name, kinda cool. Anyways, my companion and i were contacting on the street corner when some guy on the scooter started to talk to us. Not sure why, but asked for a flier. Ended up calling us and wanted to come to our english class. Next week, he shows up to class and says he wanted to learn more about the bible. Cool! We set up a time to meet and figured we would be doing our 30/30 program. Well, he showed up to the appointed and told us he only wants to learn about the gospel! Then he pulls out the gospel principles book we gave him with about 50 pages of it already highlighted! We started to teach about the restoration and then he ended up explaining the whole thing to us. How cool is that! He really loves it and is reading the Book of Mormon and praying. Our only concerns right now are with church attendance because he works on sunday and the word of wisdom. We will be meeting with him tonight and we hope it goes well!

We had another really cool experience this week with a less-active visit. We were heading to a lesson kinda far away and I thought it would be a good idea to just try and say hi to this less active 15 yr old girl on the way. I was looking at the record and noticed the whole family was members so I was hoping to just talk with one of them. We show up and they have their door open, super rare. Anyways, we were able to get her to the door and when she saw it was us she didn't look too excited at all. She kind of just had the impression of she didn't want to talk to us. She said come back and visit when my daughter is home. However, I felt a stong impression to just talk with her and find out what was up with her life. Every question or statement I made i just felt the Spirit so strongly and just guiding the conversation. By the end of our visit, she had went and got us juice and told us to come back again next week with a smile on her face. It was really a cool experience to just see the whole situation change. I am grateful for the Sprit and how it can work though us as missionaries to ask inspired questions.

 Can you believe I get to call home in just 2 weeks! I can't!!! That came soo fast. I am excited to talk to all of you on mother's day :).

 Also, I just wanted to give Kenzie a big birthday shoutout!!!!!! I know it's not for a week, but i am so excited for you! Happy 19th kenz :))))

 There is nothing like missionary work. I just love it! Ya, its hard, and sometimes things don't go the way we wanted, but that's ok, becuase it's not our work, it's His. He is in this and it will happen His way in His time. I know that and have a testimony of that. If we just do our best and leave the rest to the Lord it will be ok. I love our Savior so much and i feel His hand in this work every day. I am so grateful that i get to share this message with the people of Korea. I love these people. I know that the Lord cares about each one of them. I hope I can do my best to accomplish what He needs me to do. I love you guys and i hope that your week is amazing. Talk to you soon. I love you!

 Love,
-- Elder Messick

 P.S. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! oh and happy 1 year to me :)


The amazingggg view from the apartment of our ward mission leader!

1 comment:

  1. Friday - this week marks his 1 Year date! Can't believe how much work he has accomplished in 1 short year! He is such a hard worker! Love him!

    ReplyDelete