Sunday, May 20, 2012

[ TEMPLE DAY TOMORROW! ]

What up!!? How was your week??

Our week had some fun stuff, of course. Weeks out in the mission are never the same. Always something new, something sad, something fun, something really spiritual, or just something cool! We had a few this week. 

On Thursday we were heading to "our" street intersection to do some contacting. Right when we got there a 70 yr old man walks up to me and pulls out an English/Korean translator and asks me "do you know how to use one of these, I want to learn English but I have no idea how the heck to use this thing." It was pretty funny, so I offered for us to go to the church with him, show him how to use it then introduce our church to him. Anyways, while we are there we have a good conversation. Right when we were leaving, I decided to ask if he went to a church. We find out he is sort of a recent convert of our church! But, he had gotten in an argument with a ward member and stopped going 3 years ago. So we decided to talk with him more and find out how we could help. He didn't have a Book of Mormon anymore and so we gave him another. I really feel like we are going to help him with his situation and be able to bring him back into activity. I feel like the Lord really leads us to where we need to be to talk to the people we need to talk to and to have us say the things we need to in order to help people come closer to Christ.

Our investigator Kim-So-Hee is doing really well. Still slow, but still progressing. After our lesson on baptism, she asked if she could see the baptismal font and really thought it was cool. We are going to try to give her a date next time.


We have an investigator named Lee-Hyung who came to church and he really liked it. He reads about our church every day and is a super diligent studier. The only problem is the Word of Wisdom. We have talked about it and he is trying to cut back, but next time we meet we are going to help develop a plan to really tackle it so he can be baptized. OH I don't think I ever told you about his miracle!!!! Ok so he couldn't ever come to church because he always had to work on Sundays. We told him maybe he could find another job and that we would pray for him and guess what!? He got one! So he can come to church every week now :)

Funny story. So we were contacting again and there was a chair that was out in the middle of the road, so Elder Clearwater and I grabbed it and I ended up pushing it all the way home about a mile so we could have a desk chair. Superrr funny the looks that everyone gave me haha.


 That's about it for this week. I love you all and hope you have a great week! Be safe :)

 love,
-- Elder Messick

No comments:

Post a Comment