Monday, May 7, 2012

[ WOW 1 YEAR!!! AND GETTING READY FOR TRANSFER #8 ]

Hey everyone!!!

Can you believe that it's been a year! Wow. I can't believe how fast that went. The simplest way I think I can explain this last year is just that it was the fastest, hardest, and most rewarding time of my life yet.  I have learned so much and grown so much, yet I still have sooo much learning and growning to do.

To celebrate my 1 year I was able to do some pretty sweet stuff! 1) I ate a live octopus!!!! It was sooo cool feeling. And to be honest the taste wasn't too bad either. So they bring it out to you on a plate, just from out of the water and slice the legs off. The legs still are wiggling around and they suck to the bottom of the plate. And when you put it in your mouth they wiggle and stick to your tongue and it's just soo cool.  I got a great video for you all to see when I get back home of it :)






2) At night I was able to go up onto the roof and burn a shirt and tie.  That was a pretty cool and fun thing too!



Anyways, last p-day was temple day and it was really great.  It was Elder Clearwater's first time going to the Seoul Temple so that was cool.  After we went to a place called, Nam-Dae-Moon, and we bought some nick nacks and stuff. Oh and while we were there there was a huge protest for like murdering dogs or something like that. It was pretty wild!




We had a dinner together with our investigator Lee-Say-Won at a member's home this week. It went sooo well. They have a daughter who is a returned missionary from Canada and they are the same age. They get along super well and she bore a powerful personal testimony of Joseph Smith and the Restoration.  Lee-Say-Won is still a little scared and nervous, but is doing well.  She, along with Lee-Ju-Yun, came to church yesterday.



Grandma, you asked for an update about the lady we met in the bookstore last transfer. Well she is super cool! The only problem is that she is a busy mom and really has no time to meet.  In our mission we have a rule that we can't meet girl investigators without another male adult there(AKA ward member). So the only time she can really meet is in the day and that's when all our members are at work so it's really hard. But we make phone contact a lot! She has had me teach her the whole lesson of the restoration on the phone and we have even talked about baptism and the plan of salvation. She is really prepared, but we just need to meet! haha.

I am sorry my email was so short this week. But hey, we'll be talking on the phone in just one week!! I hope you have a great week everyone. And Kenzie, HAPPY 19th BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Love,
Elder Messick

P.S. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOM!!! I LOVE YOUUUU
P.P.S. TONS OF PICTURES :)
P.P.P.S. congratulations Randi :)





1 comment:

  1. I can't believe he ate a live octopus! That is the grossest thing EVER! Ahhhh! I get sick to my stomach just thinking about it! He must be really blessed!

    ReplyDelete