Friday, May 18, 2012

{ HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! }

WOW! That was pretty awesome getting to talk with all of you this morning on the phone. You all sound sooo happy and it sounds like sooo much has happened in the last six months. I'm sure you noticed i talk in English pretty funny now. I talk all slow and in pieces because i am used to talking to Koreans and we have to speak slowly for them to understand so sorry about that haha! Anyways, i am sooo happy i was able to talk with everyone, even Grandma and Grandpa! It just put a big ol' smile on my face. Your Korean skills sounded so good. You guys remembered a lot of words, and Kenzie, busting out the Nong-Gu (basketball). That was sweet :) That sure was great getting to talk with all of you. Crazy to think we only have one more of those...


I am not to sure on what to update you on today since we just had all that time talking on the phone. I guess i can talk about a new investigator that we have picked up. His name is Jack. We met him about a week and a half ago when we were doing basketball contacting, and then we met again on Friday. He is a really cool guy, 25 yrs old. He lived in America for 10 years going to high school and college. He really likes to just have some Americans to talk to and have some friends. His religion is catholic but he isn't like a devout catholic. We have introduced why we are here and our special message about the Book of Mormon. We will be meeting again hopefully sometime this week.

Our old zone leader, Elder Frei, went home this transfer. So we have a new missionary in the house, named Elder Arveseth, from Utah. Since Elder Frei went home he actually had his parents come out and we were able to eat dinner with them last night at our ward mission leader's house. It was way fun.

Lee-Say-Won is well kinda stuck it seems like. When we meet she just is loving it and wants to apply it, but when she goes home, she just doesn't. I don't know why. She seems maybe just a little lazy about it, I'm not sure, but she has committed to read and pray and all we can do is just continually invite.

I don't know if i was able to express this clearly enough on the phone but I just want to say how much I love my mission. I love the experiences that i get to have out here. I love the people. That is my favorite part. I get to work with God's children and help them learn who their Father is. It is such a big and special responsibility and i am so grateful that God trusts me in His work. I know that He is out here helping us every day. He helps lead and guide not only us, but those who He is preparing. I love this Gospel. I know that it is the true source of JOY. I want to share that with everyone in all of Korea, well in Seoul, Korea.

I love you guys so much. I hope you have a great week. I'm excited to read all about it! Have a great Mother's day mom and all you other moms :) 사랑해요!

 Love,
-- Elder Messick

1 comment: