Sunday, April 22, 2012

[ WHAT UP!!! ANOTHER WEEK ALREADY... ]

Dear Family and Friends: Hey guys!! How is everyone doing? Did you have a good week? From what I heard it sounds great! Our week was great...of course!!! Sorry I am on late by the way, we were helping a person in our ward with moving, well kinda. It's hard to explain. Anyways, I'm on now :)



We had a lot of success with our investigators. As you know, Lee-Say-Won has a baptismal date for this coming Saturday. She is doing well and I know she is ready, the only worry is that she is so scared to make the big step. She believes it all and is willing to follow the commandments, but is just scared. Also, her dad had surgery this last week so she has had to help with that a lot. Hopefully she will be having a baptismal interview this week though and that the next time I write home she will have had the courage to enter into the first covenant with our Heavenly Father.

 Another success we have had this week as far as investigators go is this 20 yr old girl Kim-So-Hee. She wants to learn English and at first she really knew nothing about religion at all, but now we have really been able to help her understand who God is and how He loves us. She is progressing slowly. Last time we met, we met with our ward mission leader, and after he told me that he has a really good feeling about her.

 An investigator we have really been working with is Charles. He has been meeting with us for about 2 1/2 months! When we started the whole first month was just english interest, and just put his head down for gospel time. Now we have in depth converstaions. His favorite one yet was about Adam and Eve and how is was for us to have joy!(2 Nephi 2:21-25) He just loved it. And last time we met we gave him the challenge to be baptized. He said he wasn't ready and needed time to think. He actually talked to his wife about it on saturday though and she completely opposed it. Not so good. But is shows that he has a desire if he would talk to her about it. We will meet him on friday and find out how to handle the situation.

 Church yesterday was one of the best 3 hours of church I have had in Korea. It was all very spiritual and well prepared. One of the ladies who spoke actually made reference to my talk last week and how she felt the Spirit so strongly. It really just made me feel so happy to know that people were able to feel the Spirit.

Next week is ward conference and I am 99.9% sure we are getting a new bishop. And we have a pretty good guess that is going to be our Ward Mission Leader. He is sooo cool so we are excited about that.

 Hmmm. Well my companion is doing sooo good. He is such a hard worker and I really got lucky. He is a way cool kid and I can see us being friends not only now but after the mission too. We're doin work!


Well family I love you guys and hope you have a great week. I am so grateful to be out here. I had no idea what a blessing this would be to me and my life. The more I sacrifice, the more I have to "pay back" becuase He just blesses me that much more. I am so grateful for our Savior. I know He lives. I love you guys so much. Be safe and have a good week! love, -- Elder Messick


1 comment: