Monday, April 2, 2012

[ WOW! #7 ]

Hey guys!!!! Big news for me here in....same old SONG-PA! I am staying here for a guaranteed 2 more transfers because....I'm training!!! Can you believe it!? I sure can't. I was the youngest elder called to train by a long shot. So I got a ton on my shoulders. I am training an American too!! His name is Elder Clearwater. He is a superrr sick kid! In fact, get this. He knows McKenzie from college! How crazy is that! And he kinda like dated one of her best friends! I couldn't believe it. So ya we have connections. Elder Clearwater is going to be an awesome companion and we are going to work really hard here finding those ready to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ.



My companion is from Provo Utah...of course hahah. We get along great! Obviously he doesn't know a whole lot of Korean which is kinda stressful for me, but this time in my mission I have really seen miracle after miracle of how true the Gift of Tongues is. I can testify to you that the scriptures where it says "just open your mouth and it will be filled" is true. There is no doubt about it. There has been times this week where I just didn't even know what I was saying. No like planned scripted anything. I just literally opened my mouth and it was just flowing out. The Spirit of God is just so strong right now and this week it has just been burning in my heart. I will share some experiences as some examples.


This week my companion wanted to see what knocking doors was like so, we hit up some apartment buildings. We were just about out of time when we decided to do one more set. We knew we couldn't get all of them, so my companion said, k we at least have to go to the 3rd floor. Well on the 3rd floor we met this really nice lady but was busy eating dinner so we asked if we could come back. Well this is were the story gets really good. We went back yesterday (2 days later) and knock at the door. She is home but just said sorry I can't when we asked to share our message. I don't know why, but I just had a prompting that I needed to not give up on getting in. I think I asked her in 15 ways if we could just talk with her for 5 minutes. I just felt like we needed to talk with her. So my comp had the idea of singing a hymn at the door becuase he has a great voice. So I told him to sing Joseph Smith's First prayer to a closed door. It was quite awkard, but at the same time this was totally led by the Spirit so it wasn't. All the sudden she turns on her little camera and starts watching us. We see her come over, turn her porch light on, walk up to the door and open it. CRAZY!!!! My comp got a little nervous so wanted me to talk. I just testified to her of the restoration of the gospel and how her family can be eternal. She loved it and we told her we will come back next week to share more. Quite an incredible experience. The Spirit was SOO Strong!

We ran into one of our investigators on the street this week and he took us out to dinner. He is such a nice man with the most sincere heart. He is progressing really well and really seeking for the truth. We taught a lesson with him this week and I felt promped to give a baptismal date. He didn't accept it but said when he knows its true he will pick a date. I am so excited about him and I know he will get an answer to his prayer as he commited to ponder about The Book Of Mormon for 15 min then pray about it.

We picked up a new investigator this week also which was awesome! I will update more about her as she progresses.

We visited a less active this week who told us that she wants us to come visit her kids every week. :)))))) She is moving to Australia for school, but her mother will take care of the kids. She really wants her son to be baptized so we are going to help with that.

Oh random thought, Pres. Obama came to Korea! He was only like 20 min away from me. THe closest I have ever been to the President of The United States was half way around the world hahah.

Well I am just about out of time. I hope you all have an amazing week! Keep me in your prayers this week and all of our investigators :) I love you guys. Stay safe please.

--
love,
Elder Messick

[ Closest i've been to seeing surfing!!!! hahahah ]



1 comment:

  1. Even though I read the email on Sunday, reading it again on the blog made me tear up just a little bit :)

    ReplyDelete