Sunday, April 15, 2012

[ SPRING HAS COME! ]

Another great week here in 송파! Really it was an extra good week for us here. We saw lots of progression with the work and things are just going really well.

To start, thank you so much for that package Mom, Dad, Grandma, and Grandpa! I was sooo happy to open that. It was full of sooo many goodies. Thanks again!


So yesterday on Sunday, I was asked to give a talk in Sacrament meeting! I felt a little nervous because we had some investigators there and i just wanted to help everyone feel the Spirit. I spoke on Moroni's promise and how we need to continually take his promise and strengthen our testimonies of The Book of Mormon. I think it went pretty well. You'll have a little surprise in a week or two in the mail that i think you'll like ;)

So I said we had people to church. Well 3 investigators came. Lee-Say-Won, Lee-Ju-Yun, and Kim-Chang-Nam (Charles). I was so happy that they were able to attend. Lee-Say Won is progressing a lot! In fact, we have set a baptismal date with her for the 28th of this month. I have spent a lot of time talking with her and settling concerns and helping her know that this really is the time. She is ready but just has to get over a few fears.

Lee-Ju-Yun. So basically everyone in our ward already thinks she is baptized haha. It is so funny. She has been 7 times now and just loves it. The only problem with her is her job at the Buddhist school. We are going to talk about it again this week and see how its going to work out. I feel like she is ready for baptism.

Lastly, Charles. He is the man who started out with just English interest but is really starting to grow faith in Jesus Christ. He has a ton of questions but we were working slowly with him.

Some more good news! Do you remember that lady I told you about that we met in the book store last transfer that had lotsss of interest in the family. Well we were going to meet her this last Tuesday but we had to cancel because we couldn't find a member to help. (Oh side note, in our mission we can't teach a female investigator without a male ward member present. Just a rule. and while on the subject, we aren't allowed to talk to women on the street unless they show interest and or talk to us. just if I never mentioned that now you know) So because we had to cancel she was sad and asked if I could call her and we could just talk about the Church on the phone. Anyways, she loved it!! she was taking notes over the phone and everything. I basically taught the whole restoration with parts of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and blessings of the family. It was an hour phone conversation. She is so prepared its incredible! I am so excited to meet with her this week.


We had a cool little experience on Friday. So my comp and i were really tired after a lot of walking and contacting that day and we were going to head home a little early, but we decided no we need to keep working. so we headed to visit a less-active with a little boy who she wants to be baptized. Anyways, on the way there we met this awesome lady with English interest and she is attending a church in English so she has religion in her life. then when we got to the little boy's house he was thrilled to see us. His mom moved to Australia for school so the boy and his sister are being watched by their grandma. This kid is such a stud and when we gave him a Book of Mormon he was just soo happy. When we left, we knocked the doors in his villa and found a little family and left them with 2 Book of Mormons. This is a real experience that shows how the Lord blesses us for our efforts. When we do that one thing, when we take that one step outside of our comfort zone, when we just sacrifice a little more, that is where the blessings come. That is when the Lord allows us to reap the rewards He so badly wants to give us. I know that this is true as i have seen it time and time again in my mission.

I love you all and I hope you have an awesome week. Be safe and be happy. 사랑해요.

love,
Elder Messick

These are pictures of a really cool cherry blossom tree festival we went to yesterday with an investigator. It was kinda weird haha. But there were sooo many people there! Unreal!!!!
A side note, when I look at this tree all I think of is how it looks like the Tree of Life in Lehi's vision. Pretty cool :)






2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that picture of Elder Messick looking out across the river with all of the beautiful cherry blossoms! Melts my heart!!!

    ReplyDelete