Tuesday, April 10, 2012

[ WHATUPPPP ]

Whats up guys!! How was everyone's Easter??? I hope it was great! Easter here in Korea well, it wasn't too well known it seemed sadly. But we were able to do some missionary work and tell people of our Savior Jesus Christ.


This week was pretty fun! I got to watch General Conference this weekend!!! It was LEGIT! I loved it so much. I remember when when I used to think conference was just a break for us and an excuse to stay in pajamas all day, but now I love it! I feel like I can't write my notes down fast enough it's all just so good! Some of my favorite talks were Elder Bednar, Elder Holland, and Elder Ballard. They were very good and full of inspiration.

[ General Conference. Our room is tinyyyy haha ]


We had 3 investigators attend general conference! I was very happy with that. Sadly the korean translation isn't as powerful as hearing it from the mouths of the prophets themselves, but I am sure that they were able to feel a special spirit.

[ Our investigator Lee-Ju-Yun ]


I don't know if you already knew this but our new General Bishop was our former Area President. The one who came and spoke to us about a month or two ago. Kinda cool there is a little connection.

One thing I feel that was really stressed in conference was family and its importance. I feel like that is a perfect topic for what we are going though today throughout the world. The importance of family is dying. People are putting money before family and its just not the way to find happiness. I am so grateful for my family and our strong relationship. I am grateful that our foundation is in Jesus Christ and we understand that there is more to life than just here on this earth. There is all of Eternity to plan for and as we focus of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and enduring to the end we will reap the rewards of our actions here on Earth. I know that to be true.

A fun thing I got to do this week was inbetween sessions of conference on saturday we got some doubles ping pong going on and I got to play. It was super fun haha. I was playing with three koreans and me and our ward member, Sue, were doin work! haha. I love ping pong!

Mom, you asked about the weather and what springtime is like here. Well the weather is beginning to warm up! Our suit coats will be coming off on the 22nd. In korea, there is thing in the springtime where "yellow dust" comes through the winds and turns the sky all yellow. It's supposed to look super cool. It is starting a little bit and you could see it really well the other night with the full moon. The down side of it is that it makes it hard to breathe i guess. I donno I don't believe it hahah.

After our combined district meeting on wednesday we decided we were all going to go out to lunch for Elder Frei's birthday. We went to that amazing buffet called D'Maris. It was super delicious. I ate stake, fruit, ice cream, more beef, and I even tried chicken stomach haha.

[ Yoga on Elder Frei's b-day ]


Well family, I hope you are all doing well. I miss you guys, but honestly I would way rather be out here in the service of our Savior. I know this is where I need to be. I know that our Savior lives today. He leads this church. He has His hand in this work. He is here helping me every day.

Have a good week. I love you.

love,
Elder Messick

[ At the buffet ]



[ Overlooking my area :) ]





2 comments:

  1. Hi! I am Mandy Clearwater (Elder Clearwaters little sister). Through a long chain of events my friends mom found this blog and showed it to me! It is so fun to read his letters because he puts a lot more detail then Nick and he sends more pictures! I hope we can keep in touch through blogs and Facebook if possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Hi Manda Sue! I am Elder Messick's Mom and I am so happy to meet you on this blog! Elder Messick says so many good things about your brother! He thinks he is the coolest Elder in Korea!
    I know they will do great things in Song Pa. How fun for you to read about your Brother on a blog!
    Thanks for commenting and I hope you enjoy their journey in the Seoul, Korea Mission along with us!

    ReplyDelete