Sunday, March 25, 2012

[ TRANSFER CALLS TONIGHT! ON TO #7!!! ]

Wow! Can you believe another 6 weeks have passed that fast and we are already moving into another transfer! I sure can't! We really aren't sure what is going to happen, but most likely either I or Elder Mersmann will be transferred.

Well lots of awesome stuff happened this week but there just isn't enough time to write it all. I'll do my best!!!


We have some new investigators from a week or two ago that are beginning to progress really well. Two in specific are 안상수 (an-sang-su) and 김창남 (kim-chang-nam) or Charles is his "English name.". Both of them are about sixty years old. Charles originally started to meet with us to learn English. However we really had a special experience. We were teaching about prophets and how God has always called prophets. It's the pattern in which he works. So then he asked "oh then why hasn't God called a prophet since Jesus Christ?" BING!!!! Light bulb! We were able to finish that lesson really well by explaining the need for a restoration. I think the part that really helped with this is we taught in Korean. He originally would only let us speak English, but he was just too slow so we could never get anything across. When we taught in Korean the spirit was really strong and now he has verbally expressed that he is no longer interested in meeting just for English but is interested in our message.

AS for An-Sang-su. He is only gospel interest and is very humble. He is just searching for the truth, but has a little hard time understanding our message. He told us it was a bit strange,but is willing to read the book of mormon. I think once he understands better he really has some good potential.

We had quite the miracle this week. Probably the biggest I have seen this transfer. So Elder Mersmann needed to by a Korean book so we are in line at the book store and this lady starts to talk to us in English. She's about 30 or 35. Well she told us that she is wanting religion in her life. She feels like her family is not as strong as they could be and that she thinks something is missing. Her husband works A TON! and her kids are always missing their dad. She straight up told us that she is looking for something to strengthen her family. I couldn't help but have the biggest smile on my face when she was saying this. It was just like music to a missionaries ears. It was just unreal. We told her of the blessings that we have seen to our families in this church, gave her a proclamation to the family pamphlet, and we have an appointment set up to meet in April. I am just speechless when i think of this situation. This really showed me how God is preparing people for us out there. We aren't in this work alone. In fact it's not our work at all, but it's HIS. I can testify that His hand is in this work and that He leads us to the prepared.

We visited an old inactive man this last week and guess what he came back to church yesterday!!! I wasn't there to see him, but he asked about me :) I'll explain why I wasn't there.

So yesterday was awesome! I went with our zone leader Elder Frei to an area way far away in our area. It's super country, not city. It took us over 2 hours to get there, subway and bus. We went there because he had to do some baptismal interviews. But his comp was giving a talk in sacrament so I got to go. Anyways, our mission president, President Lee was there too! I got to have one of the coolest learning experiences I've ever had as a missionary.

I got to teach with the President himself. So there was a little boy,11, who was getting baptized. His family is not members, but his father wants his son to be baptized because he just thought it would be good for him. Anyways, president and I taught the boys father. It was one of the coolest things to watch him teach. You could tell that Pres. Lee was really listening to the Spirit as he taught and answered the mans questions. The spirit was so strong in the room. Then President looked to me and asked if I would share my testimony about Moroni's promise. It was just such a special experience for me and I was really able to learn so much from him.


[ Oh I forgot to mention. It's not a ward, it's a branch and they don't have a church building so they meet on the 5th floor of some random building. Kinda funny. Super humble. ]


The other day my companion and I were out contacting on the streets in this really nice area. All the sudden this guy walks up to the signal light with two camera men and a lot of girls following him. So I asked the guy next to me who he was. Apparently he is super famous in Korea. So I just walked right up to him and started to talk to him. Everyone was trippin out haha. the camera guys were lovin it because I was an American talking to him. So that will probably be on Korean TV. hahah.

Anyways, I am out of time. Sorry I couldn't tell you everything. Good thing I keep a journal :) I hope you have an amazing week everyone. Again mom, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love you all so much, especially your oh-ma! Talk to you next week (maybe in a new area????)

love,
Elder Messick

P.S. Happy birthday Aubs!!! Love Ya!!!
P.P.S. Happy b-day to my buddy Alex Ruby!

[ Han river ]


[ Little lake/theme park in Korea ]



1 comment:

  1. What a great son! Heavenly Father must be so happy! I know I am! Love this Elder!

    ReplyDelete