Sunday, March 4, 2012

[ 10 MONTHS... ]

Hey guys!!!

How was everyone's Fast Sunday? Ours was great! Our week here was pretty good. Lots going on, like always :)


Well yesterday at church was a great one! The Zone Leader's investigator was able to receive the Holy Ghost. He seemed really happy about it. I hope that he is able to endure to the end now and continue on the path to receive the priesthood and eventually get married in the temple.

At church yesterday guess who finally came back!? 이주연 (Lee-Ju-Yun) or Ju. :) She hadn't come in 3 or 4 weeks. We were able to talk with her and find out her situation and what happened. So she got a new job teaching English at a high school. Her dream. Anyways there is a little problem with it. The school is kind of like a Buddhist school. She compared it to how BYU is for our church. Anyways, when she got the job they straight up told her she can't be christian and work here! How messed up is that!??!? I couldn't believe it. So that really threw her off. She was scared to come to church after that, but she decided to come this week and we talked a lot about it. She told us that if her faith grows and she really gains a testimony then she will find another job. That was pretty profound I thought. That takes some courage. Anyways, the commitment that we gave to her was to just start The Book of Mormon from the beginning and to read it every day. To pray about what she reads. I know that if she does that, along with coming to church every week, then there is no doubt that she will know it's true. She just needs some time now.

Another miracle happened yesterday :) So on Saturday I was talking with one of my favorite members Sue after English class and her son was with her. I felt impressed to ask what he was doing tomorrow and to see if he could come to church. He thought about it for a second and told me he would be there. Well, he came! After sacrament meeting ended, Sue came up to me and thanked me for inviting him. She told me she has invited him a countless number of times but just would never come. It just warmed my heart to know that I was able to be a tool in the Lord's hand for her.

On Saturday we went to one of the members of the bishopric's houses for a dinner with them. They had us invite our investigators and Lee-Say-Won came with us. I think it was a great time for them. They talked a little bit about the blessings of the temple which was cool and even did a little question/answer time for them. Such a great family :)

As for an update on Lee-Say-Won. She is still doing good, but really resistant on coming to church. I don't know why. I think she is just a little nervous and feels pressure when she comes. She never has really been a "church goer" so it's totally new to her. She is reading The Book of Mormon a little bit and prays. She tells us she is waiting for an answer from God. But, we told her she HAS to do her part too! She has to want it and be prepared to act on that answer.

I went on exchanges twice this week. Once with Elder Frei, one of our our zone leaders, and once with the district leader. Nothing too special though haha.

Oh, this week the weather was warm enough for us to start basketball contacting!!! I love that! It is a great way to meet people, build trust, then introduce the church. Plus it's super fun :)


Well I love you all so much. I am grateful for you and all you do for me. I hope you have an awesome week. Be safe!! Talk to you net week :)

Love,
Elder Messick

P.S. Happy Birthday Grandpa!!!!!Love you :) Also, happy bday to Emma and Randi :) Love you guys

[ Dinner with Gang-Gyung-Gon's family ]


[ Ward picture ]


[ Matt Wagner in our ward. He moves to Gilbert, Az tomorrow ]

1 comment: