Thursday, March 22, 2012

[ I'M SO HUNGRY I COULD EAT A HORSE... ]

Hey family and friends!

This week was great!!! Lots of cool new things going on and lots of missionary work being done here in Seoul.

Last P-Day was temple day! I always love temple day. It is so beautiful there and really is a time for me to feel peace and get a little breather. I am so grateful for temples and specifically to have one in my mission. Such a blessing.


After the temple, we went over to Dong-Dae-Moon, which is a really cool place for shopping. That is where us missionaries go to get ties. I bought a couple cool ones. I'll send a pic. Also, I bought some other cool stuff for Kenzie and what not. Anyways, it was just fun to be with a bunch of missionaries just to hang out.





On Wednesday you wouldn't believe what we did. So we decided to finally put our plan into action. We decided to get horse meat! Elder Frei was on exchanges with Elder Noe (our DL) so the four of us went together. We get to the place and it is just superr fancy. We were the first people there since Koreans usually eat later and us missionaries eat earlier. Anyways, they LOVED us right from the start, white guys speaking Korean. They don't see that every day. They could tell we were all excited about it so they helped make our experience a little better. I'll explain. So we order the steak and they bring it out. It looked delicious and it was delicious. I can say for myself that horse meat is delicious!! But that's not all!!! The lady helping us went to the back and came out with a little plate full of "goodies". She decided to give us horse liver, kidney, intestine, and brain RAW!!!! That's right I ate raw horse brain!!!!! Pretty insane huh!? They definitely made our night. An experience of a lifetime.









[ RAW BRAIN!!! ]


[ KISSING THE LIVER ]



This week we went over to an older guy in our wards house to help him move some furniture around. He is such a nice guy and really appreciated our help. He had his daughter and her little kids over too. They were so much fun. They are basically fluent in English because they go to an international school. I'll send a picture of them too.

I probably had one of the most intense conversations on the street about religion that I have ever had. I was talking to a guy about the after life. He was speaking of heaven and hell. And so I was trying to show him how God loves us so much and is merciful so He doesn't just have heaven and hell, but three kingdoms of glory. He wouldn't take it. So I brought up the question"what happens to people who live reallyyyy good lives, but don't believe in Jesus." He said hell. Huh??? That makes no sense. Then I asked"What happens to people who sin a lot but believe in Jesus." He said heaven. Huh?!??! Just didn't make sense. So I described the plan God made for us and even had him take his Bible out to show him some scriptures. He wouldn't really listen so I turned to testimony. While I shared my testimony I felt the Spirit so strong. And I know he did too. I asked him what he felt and he said a good feeling, but I guess he just isn't prepared right now. He did walk away with a Book of Mormon and a Plan of Salvation pamphlet. Maybe in a few years. You never know.

So I had a re-realization last night that I am so happy. I realized that the blessings that we promise people about how the Holy Ghost is such a good feeling and that this Gospel makes us happy. Really as we follow the commandments and have the Holy Ghost in our lives we are just happy. It's so easy to be happy, if we just look up and follow Him. I am so grateful for this Gospel and the happiness that it brings to my life. I love our Savior and am grateful for His sacrifice for us.

Have a great week everyone. I love you all!!!

love,
Elder Messick

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMMA!!!!! I love you <33

Also, Happy 1 year Matt and Aubrey! woo!!!

[ Young single adult family night :) Big success i think! ]


[ My buddy elder Jones ]


[ Our house members ]


[ My buds ]


[ Drilling a new subway ]

1 comment:

  1. Just disgusting! I would never have eaten that! I love that Elder's spirit though! Go Mesheek Changno!

    ReplyDelete