Sunday, March 11, 2012

[ HEY ^^ ]

Hey guys :) How was your week?? Sorry the email is coming a little bit later than usual. Since tomorrow is our Temple Day, today is not our p-day, but we still get to email. We had a lesson set up for earlier so we had to teach her before we could come email. It went well by the way.

So my week has been pretty good. We were able to see lots of success this week. We have found two new investigators this week. One of them is about a 65 year old man. He is meeting right now with English interest, BUT he has expressed to us a few times about all these questions that he is wondering about God. We have the answer to EVERY one, but the only problem is he doesn't really give us a chance to talk. He likes to practice his English with us and he is really slow, so we always run out of time. I think that once we begin to answer his questions about God he can really progress. The other person we met was this 20 yr. old girl, also with English interest. She found out about us because I gave her an English flier at one of our subway stations. Anyways, it has been a little tough with her because she has 0 religious background. She really doesn't know who or what God is, what the Bible is, or really anything about religion. She is willing to listen to us and to keep her commitments. I hope things go well there.

As for Lee Say Won. She finally came to church on Sunday!!! 2nd time. We have been able to find out a lot of her concerns and are helping her settle them. She is progressing well and accepted another "soft" baptismal date, but no official date. She doesn't want to fully commit until she really gets an answer, which is great! We have stressed to her soo much the importance of enduring to the end. My companion and I are just so saddened with the less active percentage in Korea and we have agreed that nobody is getting baptized unless they are committed to the end. She seems to be working for her answer and I know that God will answer her, it's just a matter of when He will.

Lee-Ju-Yun also came to church again. She began reading The Book of Mormon from the beginning. :) We were able to explain 1 Nephi 1-3 to her and she gets it really well. She is just so perfect if it wasn't for this new job of hers. The Gospel just seems to click in her brain. She just wants to go slow and that's ok.

All the transportation fees went up here a week or two ago! Lame. It used to be a starting fee of 90 cents for buses and subways but now its $1.05. I'm guessing oil fees are super high right now or something?!? Lameeee. I guess God wants us to walk more so we can contact more haha.

I don't know if you remember but in my last email I mentioned Sue and her son coming to church for the first time in a long time. Well, he came again yesterday :) I hope this means it will be a regular thing and that his testimony of the Gospel has been re-kindled.

We found a Mexican food restaurant in our area!!! It wasn't as good as the hole in the wall places in San Clemente, but it was pretty dang good after eating kim-chee the last 10 months. It was a nice little taste of home :)

The weather here keeps faking us out. I thought winter was pretty much over, but now we have this brutal wind that is super cold. The skies are clear and its beautiful outside, but it's pretty cold.

Hmm. I can't think of what else to update on. Always ask questions so I know what you want to hear. :) I love you guys so much. I hope you are able to have a good week. Stay safe and healthy. I love you guys <3

love,
--
Elder Messick

Our usual friday lunches. Elder Pulsen always makes lunch while we play a game of Catan. Haha. Nice way to relax for our hour break.


[ Our Zone - Yung-Dong Zone ]


Hey mom just wanted to show you the delicious sunday dinner meal I made. :) Not quite your cream chicken but not bad for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment