Sunday, January 20, 2013

[ WARM WEEK HERE IN SEOUL ]

Hi family :)

Things still continue to be going so good. I know I don't really go into depth about how but really things are just good. :) Yesterday, Sunday, was Brother Hong's confirmation day. He gave me a bit of a scare because he was an hour late and didn't answer his phone, but he made it and it went really good. He looked really happy. After church he met with the bishop for an interview to get the priesthood and should be getting it next week. :)

Brother Hong has been an UNBELIEVABLE missionary already! This week he referred two people to us. He called me one day and asked "So I talked to my cousin about church and he said he wants to meet you guys. Is that ok?" How cool is that! Then another day he calls and says "Hey I want to bring a friend to our meeting is that ok?" He just is so great. When we were teaching the principle of baptism to these two and how it's something we need to do and the blessings that come from it I asked Brother Hong to share how he felt from his baptism. He described it as holy and pure. I wish he didn't have to go into the military this August. As you know that is a requirement of all men here in Korea. That is why they were one of the few countries that had permission to do missionary work at 18 before the change as a whole church. We got to continue to build his testimony so he can make it though that tough time. There are lots of people who lose their way during that time.

Oh something else about Jeen Han. I had some beef jerky that I carry around in my backpack and I offered a piece to him. (He LOVES anything American, like my starbursts, chocolates...) and anyways he just loved that jerky and I thought it was so funny.

The weather here has been unreal! It feels great out. In fact yesterday I didn't even go out with a winter coat or gloves or anything, just a suit. I hope it stays like this cuz I'm not too big a fan of the cold haha. I lived in Hawaii for a reason haha.

We set a baptismal date yesterday also with a 12 year old kid name Nam Hoon. He is suchhh a little punk hahah. So his friend brought him to church for the first time about a month and a half ago and has been coming basically ever since but all he does is run around the church and stuff. Exactly what any other 12 year old would do hahah. But he's friends with everyone so that's good. We were FINALLY able to meet him for 10 min after church and he said he wants to get baptized so we set a date for the 2nd of Feb. Now we just gotta figure out how to teach a 12 year old everything ahha.

Well I had one pretty crazy experience this week. So Elder Fonnesbeck met a somewhat crazy guy on the street and wanted to meet with us again so we agreed to meet. A few days later we met up with him at the subway and he took us to his house. But his house was no normal house to say the least. He opens the front door and there was no floor, no walls, no ceiling. Well there was, but it was all dirt. It definitely caught me off guard to say the least. No lighting inside. I wish I could have taken a picture of the place. I'll just have to always have that image in my mind. Anyways, he has a few mental problems and if we meet with him again we will need a member with us.

Things are great here. Keep doin your thing over there and be happy doin it :) I love you guys. Talk to you next week.

--
Love,

메시크 장로
Elder Messick

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA! I CANT BELIEVE YOU ARE NOW WHAT 36? ;) I LOVE YOU :)

[ The outside view of our house. Top floor | I thought you'd like to see a squatter ;) ]


1 comment: