Sunday, January 6, 2013

[ WELCOME 2013 :) ]

Hi everyone :) I just have a short update for you this week. But boy are things going good here. For starters we will be having a baptism this Sunday for Jeen Han!! He is soo excited to be baptized. He is reading The Book of Mormon everyday. He made it to 1 Nephi 15 or so but decided he wanted to read it in English so now he started over in English. We talked to him about inviting his parents to his baptism and he said it sounds like they are wanting to come so there is even more potential there. Things with Brother Hong have never been better!!

As you know he was a referral from his friend Dong Oo, but he didn't come to church on Sunday and wont be able to be baptized this Sunday, but we haven't lost faith in him yet. Maybe his baptism will just be a few weeks later.

I know you are also curious about Sister Kim. Things with her are also great. We still are at the point of baptism before I go home, why my return date has anything to do with it I have no idea, but she will be baptized nontheless. She has been reading The Book of Mormon and Gospel Principles book. This week we actually ended up going to the US Embassy to help her (long story) but ya I was on US soil!!! Haha. While we were in there we met a really cool couple. They started talking to us and the wife told us how she went to our church as a kid. The husband then says "We've been married 18 years and today I found out my wife is a Mormon and she didn't tell me she told YOU" hahah. It was pretty funny. They really liked us and want to take us out to dinner next week.

The last thing I can think of is I FINALLY got a Korean name!!! Haha. Sister Lee in our district made it mor me. It's Kang-Sung-Meen and it means like strong heavenly well rounded attitude. I donno I like it and it used my initials SM. In korean it looks like 강성민.
Well I hope you all have a great week. I am doing so great out here. I AM SOOO HAPPY. I love you guys.

--
Love,

메시크 장로
Elder Messick

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLAIR :)

1 comment:

  1. Love his sweet thoughts! Can't wait to see him in his white baptism clothes!

    ReplyDelete