Monday, January 14, 2013

[ HI GUYS :) ]

Well I must say this week had to of been one of the best weeks of my mission, if not my life. Things are just going sooo good. I am so happy.


Sorry but this email is going to be short I chatted a lot with you cuz I just couldn't wait to tell you.

Yesterday, Brother Hong was baptized and it was quite the special event. We had the privilege of President being there and everything. I was asked to speak in sacrament meeting about missionary work and how I have a testimony of such. It was a great way to lead into the baptismal service. I was able to baptize him and it went perfect. He got a bit nervous right before about messing up but it was perfect. His parents weren't able to make it, but he said they might make it for his confirmation next Sunday. 

[ Dinner with Brother Hong before his baptism.  We got Sam-Kyub-Sar. ]


[ Jeen Han's Baptism ]




Also, our wonderful investigator Sister Kim and her children were at church and saw the baptism. They are progressing very well and we just need to get them to commit to a date!!! Everyone in the ward keeps asking me if we have baptism plans and I just have to always explain how we are trying but she just won't commit to a date yet. We committed her to fully quit coffee this week. She has come from 3 a day to 1 every two or three days to 1 a week. And now we committed her to stop all together.



Also this week I got a new suit!!! Scored a sweet deal on it. I love Korean suits they are so sick. This one was 90 bucks and I really like it. I want to get another haha.


I wanted to say thank you Mom and Dad for the awesome package you sent me. It was everything I needed and more. Seriously I was really grateful so thank you.

The last thing I can think of is I got my temple recommend renewed so I am good for another 2 years. WOO :)


Keep havin' the time of your lives. I love you all. Keep all of our investigators in your prayers please as I keep you guys in mine. Have a great week. Love you all. :)

--
Love,

메시크 장로
Elder Messick

[ Outback Steakhouse with Sister Kim, her kids, and her sister she referred to us! ]


[ Elder Doman went home!! ]


[ Some new investigators, Sang Yong and his friend Choi. ]

1 comment:

  1. So happy for Brother Hong! And Elder Messick looks so great! A happy, happy day in South Korea!

    ReplyDelete