Sunday, February 3, 2013

[ NOK BEUN IS SICK! ]

So this place is just so full of miracles. I can't think of any other way to start this email other than just the word miracles. We are seeing so many. The other Elders in our ward are now starting to see lots of miracles too. I have been really trying to help them out lately and now they are really pickin it up. I'll explain more later.

So just yesterday was church and it was great. We had lots of investigators not show who like basically pinky promised me so that was a bummer, buttt one of Brother Hong's friends came so that was really good. And even better, Brother Hong was given the Aaronic Priesthood after church yesterday. He even has an assignment of bringing the sacrament bread for this month. He is such a stud. My companion had a lesson with him after church along with his friend (I was in another lesson with a member, I'll explain) and well my comp asked if he understood what power he had and was telling him how he CAN'T mess up now that he has such a big responsibility. My comp said it all went well. Oh something I forgot to mention! We now have a baptismal date with his friend Dong-Ho :) It is for Feb 17. He is not sure he wants to yet and there are some things he's gotta change first to make that happen, but he agreed that if he knows by that point that he will be baptized, so keep that in your prayers. :)

So I mentioned I wasn't there for that lesson and that's because I was in a lesson with a husband and wife who just randomly showed up at our church. Apparently he went to our church a couple of times 17 years ago and just came back. He was never baptized though. He explained to me how he has already been baptized twice and didn't know why he needed to be baptized again. I went on to explain how wonderful that was that he was trying to follow the example of Jesus Christ by being baptized but that it was lackin that necessary power from God. He responds with that makes perfect sense I totally understand. Which led to the commitment to be baptized when he knows its true and they both accepted. The only thing is they aren't my investigators hahah. I handed them over the the other Elders I was just in the lesson to help with the Korean and I guess i'm not scared to be bold haha.

Another investigator that they will now be teaching I HAVE to tell you about. So this saturday we had a 떡국 (rice cake soup) party and lots of people showed up, including a lady I didn't know. Sure enough I had a member pull me aside and explain to me about this lady. Apparently she went to the temple the other day with a member and must have LOVED it. He gave her a gospel principles book and she read 15 chapters that night. About twenty minutes later I was having a lesson with me and a member and this lady and she was telling me how badly she wanted to just see a Book of Mormon. You should have seen the smile she gave me when I told her I had a brand new one for her in my backpack she could have. Our member told her how he wants her to be baptized before I go home and she totally agreed. We asked her to say the closing prayer and she was crying, definitely feeling the spirit because I know I was feeling it. The next day she showed up at church and her husband was with her. stayed for all of church and sang with the choir after for 2 hours for the stake conference in 3 weeks. Basically she is GOLDEN. She mentioned how she has a skin problem (probably cancer) and wants to learn about the gospel fast. So she is pretty awesome iguess you could say. I also told the other elders to start meeting with them so if (when) she and her husband are baptized I will be sure to update you. :)

We have a baptismal date scheduled for this Saturday with a kid named Nam Hoon. He is a punk 12 year old but I love the kid. His friend brought him to church about a month or two ago and has come 4 times or so since then but he jsut never like wants to meet. we get like 10 min with him. anyways, we taught all the baptismal interview questions on sat then he didn't come to chuch yesterday!!! So we decided to move his date to sunday, but he doesnt know yet hahah. So I hope we can get that to all work out. Also on saturday we had a zone conference WAYYY far away about an hour and a half, but it was SO good and gave me just the fuel that i needed. This meeting ended at 3:45 and we had english class starting at 5 so if you get the idea we didn't have time. Basically when we got of the subway we had a 15 min walk turned into a 5 min run haha. Only 4 min late! haha.


Ok the last AWESOME thing of the week was a new service project that we got (of course approved by the mission pres!). So we have a member who works at a children's English library and she asked us to do a service project. What we do is we read a book to the children and then have a simple conversation with them. To be honest the first 20 min or so were a bit rough and not very fun but all the sudden I said something and the kids BUSTED up laughing and then they all just loved me and couldn't stop laughing for like 10 min. They stole my family pictures and loved looking at them and then when they saw Kenzie's picture they were all just like OOOOO and ya these kids just loveddd us. I look forward to doing it again this week and the next month. :)

That's it for me this week. I tried to make this email better than the last few and update you more on what things I've been doing. I love Korea. I love the people. I love the language. I love the culture. I love everything about it here. I hope you have a great week. Stay safe happy and warm. :)

--
Love,

메시크 장로
Elder Messick

[ Dinner with Jeen han and two of his friends, Dong Oo and Dong Ho ]



[ We are now a three some companionship :p ]


No comments:

Post a Comment