Sunday, February 24, 2013

[ MOVING INTO TRANSFER #15 ]

Hey everyone :) On Saturday was transfer calls! Yup transfer calls changed from Monday night to Saturday night. So much better that way. Well I will be serving a 3rd transfer with Elder Fonnesbeck, but there's a catch! We will be a threesome! Yup we have another missionary coming to serve with us, a Korean :) we are super stoked about it. I think teaching and what not might be a little bit more tough, but definitely will be fun having a native Korean around all the time :) another cool thing from transfers. We got a new AP, guess who. Elder Clearwater!!!! So cool. The first Elder that I got to train is my AP haha. He is a rock of a missionary and am excited to hear his trainings.

Other big news that I think most of you know by now, our mission is splitting in July! We had to wait for the official announcement before we could tell you. I am sooo stoked that they are sending more missionaries to Korea. More people now get the opportunity to serve their mission in the best country ever. The work really is beginning to hasten. I am so glad to be so involved in it.

The biggest news of the week as far as investigators goes is Sister Choi. I talked about her a lot in my last email, the referral from America. Anyways we met a lot this week! Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday haha. When we first met on Thursday her kids just LOVED us and said they wanted to meet with us again tomorrow haha. They brought there wave boards with them too cuz they wanted to show us. We are like their best friends. Then on Saturday they came to English class and the whole class was blown away by the little boys' English. And Sunday, they show up to church, and the boys are in white shirts and ties!!! It was so awesome. I found out that she really liked the song 'I am a child of God' so I asked the primary pres if the kids would sing it in Sacrament and she loved that. Now to the not so good stuff. I'm not sure why, but some kids in our ward were teasing her children and made her cry after sacrament. I felt sooo bad for her. I don't know why. Next week i think my comps and i will go into primary and make sure they are treated well. We had a quick lesson after church with my "Korean grandpa" and it was really good. He is probably my favorite person my whole mission to teach lessons with because he is so spiritual every time. Sometimes we have people who are SO concerned with the investigator having fun. And to be honest sometimes I get a little to worried about that too. But really the focus HAS to be the Spirit. If they feel the Spirit, that's what will convert them. If they just have a fun time, they become converted to the missionaries or to a member, but if they have the Spirit touch their heart, then they will be converted to the Lord. Then they will never fall away.

All of our investigators right now are so close to the point of progression, but they aren't quite there. I don't know why but we just can't get them to the waters. We are constantly inviting them to be baptized, but they keep putting it off. Sooo, please if you would pray that our investigators might have a realization of the need of baptism and the immediate blessings they will see from it.

This is the work of the Lord. I have been called of God to be out here and I won't ever slow down in the work :) Have a great week fam. I love you guys.

--
Love,

메시크 장로
Elder Messick

P.S. Bryce, not sure if you read these, but I think your mom does so happy birthday man. Love you!! Thanks for the example you were to me as a little kid. I still remember when you took me skimming once. ;)

[ Dinner at Subway with some members and potential investigators they referred to us, Dabin and Eli. The two in the back. ] 


[ Returning missionaries ]



[ Sister Choi. The investigator who visited Gilbert, AZ ]


[ My birthday cake :) ]




1 comment: