Sunday, October 16, 2011

[ Hello from 금천!! ]

Well if you didn't figure it out from the subject of my email, I have been transferred! The name of my new area is Geum-Chun. I am living in a 4 person apartment now. This area has 6 missionaries! There is Geum-Chun 1 and 2 and then there are also sister missionaries that go to both of the wards. Pretty cool. 


The area that I am serving in now is just outside Seoul. It is more south, but is still very city though. My companion is a Native! He is from the West side of south Korea. His name is Elder Yu, first name is Jun Sang. He is 25 years old (korean age). He is pretty good at English and is studying it diligently because he wants to go to BYU-H! I really like him and we get along so well. All day long on the streets we just teach each other korean and english. It's going to be a GREAT transfer!


This transfer is a bit different than my last area because this area was just opened up last transfer, therefore we have 0 investigators. It is definitely going to be a lot of work, but I am excited for this challenge. I want to help turn this area into one of the best in the mission. With hard work and the help of the lord, I know Elder Yu and I can do it.

Brother Lee from my last area was baptized on Sunday! I heard that everything went soo well and that he was just so prepared. I was a little bummed I couldn't attend the baptism because i had to give an introduction about myself in our sacrament meeting, but that's ok. As long as i know that he went though with it, I am happy.

You would never believe what i ate this week! I had dog soup! Yup, I did it. It tasted just like beef, but much more fatty. I ate every bite. I have pictures of the whole thing. :) Also, this week i had spicy octopus for the first time. That was pretty interesting too.



I am so grateful to be a missionary. It is such a blessing and one. This is a once in a lifetime experience. It is 2 years of my life that is completely dedicated to the Lord. I love Him and His work. Thank you for raising me is such a way that has given me this opportunity. I will be forever grateful. I love you all so much. Have an EPIC week!

Love,
Elder Messick

The last picture is my desk :)




1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you ate the whole "dog-gone" thing! That's sick! Haha. Sounds like you're loving your new area and your new companion. Hope this is a great transfer for you!

    ReplyDelete