Sunday, October 23, 2011

[ BEAUTIFUL FALL PICTURES! ]

Hey everyone! How was your week! From what I heard, super busy!! Well, me too, but that's always the life of a missionary and I love it.


You mentioned last week that you were curious about what a typical day for me is like. So here it is. We wake up at 6:30 on the dot the work out for a half hour(except sundays). Then from 7-8 is preparation for the day and breakfast. From 8-9 we have personal study, 9-10 is companionship study, then 10-11 is language study. After the 3 hours of study we get an hour lunch break. At 12 o'clock we head out to do missionary work. Some of the things are streetboarding, teach investigators, visiting less actives, going through old records, regular street contacting, or just visting members to show our love to them. At around 5 we eat dinner. After dinner is when most of the lessons are taught to investigators. If we don't have a lesson set up, my companion really loves to visit members so we will do that. We have to be in our house by 9 pm if we don't have a lesson and 9:30 if we are teaching someone. From 9-:30 is planning for the next day and setting goals. From 9:30-10 is calling investigators and things like that. 10-:30 is ready for bed/joural writing. then 10:30 is lights out. And that's the typical day of a missionary in the Seoul mission.



We have one investigator right now whose name is Lee Ha One - 이하원. He is 15 years old. He really doesn't have a stong desire in the gospel right now, but loves meeting with us because he thinks we are fun. He likes to play basketball with us and things like that. However, after we play, we are able to sit for 15 minutes or so and talk about the gospel. He seems to be progressing, but just a little slower. My companion gave him a "soft" baptismal date for the 19th of november but we have a lot of work to get to that right now. I think he just needs to take it a little more seriously. Tonight, we will be meeting with him at our church and teach him about faith and repenting. I think that after tonight we will have a good idea of where he is at.


So last P-Day I went to this HUGE street market in Seoul to get some presents. Anyways, I mentioned to you that I wanted to get a fake rolex while i was there. Well, when I asked one of the watch guys there if he had any he just got so serious. I didn't realize that it was such an intense thing. He like had to take me any my companion to this secret room to show me. Because it was so sketchy i decided that as a missionary I probably shouldn't buy it. Anyways, it was just way nuts! haha.



On wednesday this last week, my companion had to leave to go to a training for the Army haha! I don't know if i already told you about this but in korea the Army is manditory for every male. They all have to serve in it for 2 years. Some missionaries choose to do it before there missions and others do it after; my companion did it before. Anyways, since he already did it, they has to go back every year for a 4 day training. However, my companion tore his ACL about 4 months ago. Because of this, he didn't have to do the 4 days and just had to check up with them. It was pretty weird though not having my companion with me.


So do you guys have any special plans this year for halloween? In korea, this holiday isn't really popular and they think its like a really like bad holiday and not happy and fun. But, in our ward we are going to have a party on the 29th. They won't let us call it a halloween party though, pretty funny. Anyways, we will just be playing some games and eating together. Should be fun!

Kind of random, but koreans love to joke about me being Mexican because they think my name is so simular to mexico. It's so funny because I think a good 15 people have said something like that to me now. It's pretty funny.

Lastly, I just wanted to thank the Masters so much for the Winter jacket that they sent me. It is going to be awesome. I'll do my best to advertise Oakley here! haha.

I love you all so much. Have a great week.

Love,
Elder Messick

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great! Love his weekly emails and updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these pictures might be my favorite of the mish so far :)

    ReplyDelete