Monday, September 26, 2011

[ 최성택 RECEIVED THE HOLY GHOST! ]

Hello everyone,

Another week has now gone by in Korea. Hard to believe that its already been 2 months for me here in Seoul. I was able to get my mail and got 2 packages from you guys! Thank you sooo much. And those socks are exactly what i wanted, thank you! The cereal is GREAT!


For our pday last week, we were able to play a big soccer game on a great AstroTurf field! We played zone-zone. The Book zone (mine) verse the Seoul zone. And we won by one! It was way fun. Some of the Koreans in our mission are so good! After the soccer game we went over to check out the World Cup Stadium. It was massive. There was basically a whole mall and grocery store inside the stadium! We weren't allowed to see the field sadly, but we did find something else...Jamba Juice!!! Yup, a legit jamba. It tasted exactly the same as America, but better since it has been so long. I thought that was pretty cool.



On the 24th, we had a special music fireside that we have been puting together for the last couple of weeks. It was 4 wards combined and we had people from the wards do special musical numbers and sing and stuff. Before the fireside, we had a one hour open house for investigators to come. It was super successful. We had about 10 investigators come with a bunch of ward members there to explain the things we had put up on the wall (like temples, the restoration, Christ ...). It went very well. At the end of the whole event I had to give the closing prayer in front of like 75 Koreans. Of course I was nervous, but i think it was ok haha. I guess i should at least mention this, but i was told that i shouldn't dwell on it. Before the event started, we spent the whole day dealing with this guy who is crazy. He has been giving the church trouble for about a year now. Anyways, he was just making some really harsh threats and ended up pretty bad. The APs had to come down and help take care of the situation. He was brought to the police station, but is no longer there. It probably will not be the last of him. Be sure to ask me about the full story when I get home in 2 years. It's a pretty crazy one.



At church yesterday, Brother Sung Taek Choi was able to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. I had the privilege of standing in the circle as our bishop gave the blessing. It was very cool to be a part of. Thank you for all of your prayers for him and please continue to do so. I know that as I continue to work hard and strive to find the prepared, the Lord will continue to bless me.

Last night, I went on exchanges with the AP's which was interesting. It was crazy to see how much work they have to do, how many phone calls they get, and just how busy of a life they have as a missionary. They were able to help me out with some problems that were going on and I hope that I will be able to apply their teachings.

I know that all of you are doing great and that makes me so happy. I continue to pray for all of you every week. I know that as you do what the Lord requires you will be blessed. I hope you have a great week and that things continue to go well for you. I love you all. 사랑해요!!!

사랑으로,
Elder Messick
메시크 장로

2 comments: