Tuesday, September 13, 2011

[ BAPTISM JUST AROUND THE CORNER! ]

Well hello everyone!

I am sorry that it has been an extra couple of days since you expected the email. On Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday it was a holiday called 추석. That is pronounced chew-sok. It is basically Korean thanksgiving day. So because of this everything was closed. For this holiday, all of the Korean go to the part of Korea they were born in, eat lots of food as a family, then visit their ancestors graves to pay their respects. It is a very cool holiday. To celebrate this holiday as missionaries, we had a special conference on Monday. We received some very good council from our mission president and had a very spiritual testimony meeting. It was a great time. The conference was at the biggest church in ALL of Asia! The funny part about it is that it's about the same size as the Laguna Niguel Stake Center. Anyways, I just thought that was pretty cool.

Our baptismal date investigator, 최성택, is doing so well. Right now there is no official date though because we are still working on getting him to stop smoking and drinking wine. He has a baptismal interview with the Mission President this coming Saturday. Depending on how that goes, he could possibly be getting baptized on either the 18th or the 24th, maybe later. But, he is progressing so well. He is reading the Book of Mormon and has such a strong desire to do what is right. In fact, he has come from smoking a pack of cigarettes a day, to one or two a day. We call him 4 times a day to remind him not to smoke. Haha! Anyways, I am so happy for him. It is just incredible to watch him change his life around. He looks happy and he just knows that what we teach him is true. Please continue to keep him in your prayers.

I don't know if Grandma and Grandpa ever told you guys about their friend Jin, but I guess he is one of their good friends who owns one of their favorite restaurants. Anyways, he called me the other day and is taking me and my companion out to lunch tomorrow! We were pretty shocked actually. It will be nice talking to someone who has such close relations with my family. Thanks grandma and grandpa! You're awesome missionaries haha.

So I was wondering, how did you like the Korean food in the package? Was it too spicy? I tried to just send like junk food stuff so that you would like it all haha. If you want more of anything or want to try something, just let me know!

Our ward here has been loving my companion and I lately. They keep bringing us food and telling us that they want to have us over for dinner. I think it might just be because we are bringing investigators to church and they can see that we are really working hard. We have spent some time cleaning up our church and doing yard work on it. The ward is really starting to love us. It is great. haha.

Well, I hope you all have a great week. I love you all so much. Again, sorry this is so late, but it is always so great talking to you. CTR!

Love,
Elder Messick
메시크 장노

No comments:

Post a Comment