Sunday, August 28, 2011

[ TRANSFER #1 ]

Hey family!

Well I officially made it though my first transfer! I don't think that I will be transferred though. We will find out tonight. The way we find out is if we get a phone call from President Lee at 9:35 then we one or both of us is transferred and packs up the next day. If no phone call, then I'll be here another 6 weeks at least. Pretty quick huh?!

This week was pretty fun. Last week for p-day my companion wanted to go hike a mountain by our house. It was a pretty awesome view overlooking the city. It was very peaceful up top and was nice to be out in nature away from the city. I included some pictures of it for you to check out. The only downside to the hike was it really made me miss the hikes that i went on in Hawaii! haha. But oh well...






Thank you so much for the packages Mom and Dad and Grandma and Grandpa! They were awesome. It was exactly what i needed! I have been eating those power bars like there's no tomorrow!

Earlier this week my companion got really sick from some of the food here. It only lasted for about 2 days, but it made it a little hard for us to go out and contact people since he just didn't feel well. But, he is doing better now and i think he's back to 100%. Korean food... :)

We were able to have a VERY successful end to our week. We met a new investigator last Sunday named 최성택 (Ch-A-song-take) (sorry i don't know how to write them out in english, its hard). Anyways i met him on the street while we were just contacting. He had some english interest at first, but once he heard about the Book of Mormon he really got interested in our gospel. He is already a christian so he knows all about Christ and the Bible. Well he came to church yesterday with us! It he loved it. it was so cool. After, we were able to teach him a lesson about the plan of salvation. At the end we gave him the commitment to be baptized on Sept. 17 and he accepted it! He is very excited about it. The spirit was so incredibly strong as the commitment was being given. I have never felt it in that kind of a way before. I know that he is being prepared by our Father in Heaven and this is the time for him. He does need to understand a little more i think. Also, the requirement is that they come to church 3 times before they get baptized so he can't miss a Sunday! So please, keep him in your prayers that all will continue to go well with him. My companion and i hope to try to meet his wife so that they will be able to go though the conversion process together.

We have been meeting with a couple other of people we met on the street that seem very good, but we have no more baptismal dates set. We were able to give a soft baptismal commitment (basically just saying as you learn that this is true will you be baptized) to an 18 year old that we just had our first lesson with on Sunday. He has no religion and so we pushed him to really say the closing prayer. Well he did and it was just unbelievable. He prayed saying "I want to know you God. I want to learn of this truth" "Bless these missionaries with happiness". It was so good. I really have high hopes for him. As for Tan Thao, see has been super busy and just hasn't had time to meet. It is also difficult with her since she is a girl because we have to have a male member present to teach her. It just makes it hard to get a good time to teach. The work is really progressing here in 녹번!

I am sorry I can't fill you in on everything and everyone. I just don't get all the time i want sadly. I know that the work i am doing here in Korea is God's work. This is His only true church on this earth. He loves each of us so much. I know that.

Have a great week everyone. I love you all!

--
Love,
Elder Messick

This first one is a palace by the mission office and the other is my ward mission leader's scriptures....nuts!


No comments:

Post a Comment