Sunday, August 21, 2011

[ 1 MONTH! ]

I can't believe I have already been in this country for over a month. It feels like I just got here yesterday still. My first transfer is approaching, but I am pretty sure I will be in this area for a while.

This week was a pretty incredible week. I was able to see lots of results and blessings from the hard work we are doing here in 녹번, but I will touch on that later. First I want to talk about the temple here in Seoul. The temple here is so incredible. It is pretty small, but that's ok. It was a great time for me to relieve some stress and feel some peace and comfort.


While talking about the temple, we were able to take one of our investigators, 조길찬(Joe Ker Chan) to the temple to learn about the ordinances. He is 78 years old and his wife passed away about 3 years ago. We were able to meet him through english class. He is a christian, but when we taught him in previous lessons he sort of puts up a wall with some of the things we teach. However, when we were at the temple he absolutely loved it. We were able to have our Ward mission leader come with us to explain as well as had some temple workers explain all about the ordinances. He mentioned to me that he felt as though it was a clean, pure, reverent place. It was some awesome to me to see that someone who doesn't even know about the place he is in can recognize those things. The next day he even mentioned to me that the temple felt like heaven. It was a powerful experience for both myself and him.



Like I mentioned earlier, our hard work has really payed off this week. We have gotten about 4 really good new investigators this week. That is really good because apparently before my companion got to this area there were 0! We have really been trying to talk to everyone, especially myself. I have been trying to just but myself out there and say hi to anyone and everyone. Of course, sometimes people just look at me funny and walk away, but other times my companion and I have been able to have a really good conversations and set up appointments with people we probably wouldn't have otherwise. I feel like my Korean has improved so much because of this too. The Lord has seen that I am doing all that I can, so in return He has filled my mouth with the words that the people need to hear. I have really started to learn that if I do my part, He will do His, guaranteed!

I have realized the I didn't learn a whole lot of Korean in the MTC. I think it was more of a preparation to learn Korean. haha. I don't think I really use too much of what I learned there, but without it, I would totally be lost!

I was able to get a lot of letters last week so thank you everyone! It was nice to finally get some since it had been a month! haha. I am going to try to reply to everyone as fast as possible, but as I have already mentioned, we literally have almost no letter writing time. But be patient, I promise it will come! :)

Well, I am short on time this week so I am sorry is not as long as normal. I just want you to know that I have a strong, firm testimony of this work. There is NO GREATER WORK, than this work. I am grateful to be able to doing it 24/7. I know that our Savior lives. He loves us. I hope you all have a great week. Work hard! I love you.

사랑으로,
메시크 장로
Elder Messick

No comments:

Post a Comment