Monday, March 11, 2013

[ SPRING IS AROUND THE CORNER HERE :) ]

Hi guys!

Another good week here in the "Land of the Morning Calm." To be totally honest it's tough to think of things to fill you in on. We are working hard and seeing miracles, but I don't know how to update you guys on it. So you just gotta take my word for it that we're doing really good!


Right now we have a ton of investigators, 4 that want to be baptized really bad, but right now just cant. I'll explain. First is Sister Choi and her two children. They just love us to death!! and she lovessss the church doctrine. But there is just one problem. Her husband. I don't know why but he is opposing her from being baptized REALLY hard. and it's getting worse. He wont even let her go to church with us now. He only will let them come to our English class on Tuesday and Saturday. But a few days ago the husband said, ok we will go to a different church for a few weeks and if you still want to go back to the Mormon church then you can. So right now that's where we're at. She went to another church yesterday, but didn't like it. She truly has a testimony of the church and knows its true. We have been talking with our ward mission leader on what we can do to help her and he came up with a great idea. He talked with our mission president and we are going to set up a dinner appointment with him and sister Choi's family. I'm not quite sure if he will consent to it, but if he does I think it will yield nothing but good results. Also another fun thing about her, she plans to go back to Az in July and she said I have to come visit her and she might come to California too.

The other investigator who really wants to be baptized was the man I sent a picture of, Brother Beck. He is the most sincere man and asks such good questions. Every time we teach him I feel the spirit leading the lesson 100%. The problem is though him mom is really sick and he cant leave her side to come to church. He wants to and says he has been praying a lot about baptism and thinks it would help him. Our game plan for him next time we meet is to offer a priesthood blessing. We already offered for his mother but he didn't want one. But now I think if we give him one it can help him a lot in his decision making and knowing what he needs to do. Keep him in your prayers. :)


Lots more of investigators to write about but I just don't have the time. I have it all in my journal so I can tell you about them when I get home if your interested and you remind me. :)

Last thing that happened this week that was a big deal. I gave my "last words" talk to the mission. It was really tough for me to choose what to say but it went really well and just once again reminded me of how much I love my mission. I have it on video to show you when I get home.

I love you guys. Stay safe PLEASE!!! I'll be seeing you soon. :)

Love,

메시크 장로
Elder Messick

P.S. Happy Birthday Grandpa!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!

1 comment: