Monday, March 25, 2013

[ THE BEST TWO YEARS ]

Hey guys! I hope you all have had a great week :) Well, it's all starting to wrap up here for me as you know. I have been trying to just get every second out of every day that I can. As you would guess I have very mixed feelings about it. I have given my whole heart and everything I've had these last two years into Korea and the people here. I have tried my hardest to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with them. But of couse, what I've done is not enough. But that is ok. I think of the story of Alma the younger in Alma 29 "Oh that I were an angel." But he is just a man and that is ok. Alma gave it all he had, but it was insufficient, but the Lord was well pleased with his efforts. No matter what I'm not perfect, but I know that I gave it everything I had.


About my week...On Saturday, our ward mission leader and us missionaries put together a meeting for all of our investigators and young single adults to come too. It was kind of a farawell party too. We had 8 investigators and about 25 people total counting us missionaries. And man it was awesome!!! I think it was SOO good for our investigators because everyone there was about the same age. We started it with a Mormon message video then talked about it for a little. We then ate pizza together and played some super fun games. It ended with Elder Westarp and I sharing our final testimony with them. Let me tell you that was a POWERFUL experience for me. I was standing up there looking in the faces of many of my investigators and it just hit me how I have helped play a role in changing their lives. It was just overwhelming. I am so grateful for the opportunities I have been given here in Korea to meet the people I have.


At church on Sunday I did my last words and I spoke about my favorite Korean word "go-geen-gam-nay". I know you know that one dad!!! It means like, after the bitter comes the sweet. I talked about how missions are a great example of this word and how as we have trials we can learn from them and build and become better and stronger. It went pretty well. Again though, after sacrament saying my goodbyes to people was tough. I was talking to my companions after about it and I was telling them I think these goodbyes are almost as hard as the goodbyes were back when I was leaving for the MTC.

Last night was reallyyy cool!! We took our investigator to a fireside all about BYU-H and it was sooo cool. I think I liked the meeting more than anyone else there ahha. It just got me soo excited to be going back there. Good choice on my part!! haha Anyways, family and friends. Thank you for all your support over these last 2 years. I love my mission. I have a firm testimony of this Gospel and of our Savior Jesus Chirst. I know He lives and is leading this church. There is no doubt about it.

I love you all!!! SEE YOU IN A FEW DAYS!!!!!!!!!

--
Love,

메시크 장로
Elder Messick

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!! and you too AUBS!!!

[ Football with the boys ]


[ Sister Seo-Hyun ]


[ Most famous 떡볶이 in all of korea!!! (sorry its blurry!) ]



[ Saying some 'see ya laters' ]






2 comments:

  1. From boy to man...can't wait to hug him as tight as I can!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am beyond pleased with the work of this young man! I know that our Father in Heaven has guided and helped him every step of his mission and he has brought many souls to believe and come unto Him! What a blessing that will forever be with him. Can't wait to hug him!

    ReplyDelete