Monday, September 10, 2012

[ HEY GUYS!! ]

Wow, this transfer #10 came to an end so fast. I can't believe that my comp is going home to the Philippians in 4 days. I will be getting a new companion on Wednesday and I am so excited to change things up. Right when we start to get in a routine as a missionary things always change, but it's good. :)

So last transfer I stopped into a Nike store to look for something and I met this really cool guy. Well when he gave me his number it was wrong!! Anyways, I ran into him this week and got his number again! It was just one number different so I think I wrote it down wrong. He wants to meet us this Wednesday and said he is going to bring his friend too. It could be big potential!

Saturday was a really cool day!! So in the morning I had to go on exchanges to help the area next to us with their English class. Both of the missionaries there are Korean so they can't teach the class. Anyways, while I was there I met a guy while contacting on the street who is just incredible. I ended up talking to him for 20 minutes and taught him almost the entire restoration. He had a friend who gave him a Book of Mormon about 7 years ago but was too scared to read it. Anyways, he accepted another copy and really wants to learn more. He has an appointment with the missionaries there for next week.

Then after English class, I switched back with my companion and on our way to a dinner appointment we met a reallyyy cool girl on the bus who helped us find where we were going. She LOVES English and reminded me so much of our investigator Woo-Eun-Bean from Song-Pa. I am excited to meet her again and tell her why I came all the way to Korea.


Then after the dinner we had another cool experience. There were two guys on the street and they were speaking another language that sounded familiar, Tagalog! I told my comp he HAD to talk to them! Haha! Well he did and we ended up talking for quite some time. It is so cool how when you just talk to EVERYONE you find those that the Lord has prepared for you. Ya I get rejected A LOT, but that is ok. They just aren't ready yet so I just gotta keep talking to people to find the ones who are. :)

Our investigator Kim-Nam-Me is doing really well!! He has now been to church 3 weeks in a row. He comes with his 4 year old son which is sooo good. But we can't meet with him after so that's a bit tough. We need to meet with him outside of church to try to set a baptismal date, but he just has been really busy. He has been taught all the lessons and had been a little reluctant to accepting a date, but he will soon I'm sure.


Other than that our week hasn't been too packed with things because my companion has been packing and we have been saying hi to members and what not. But family know that I love you so much. I am so happy every day that I get to be out here serving. There is nothing better I could be doing. I love it!!

Have a great week!!
--
Love,

메시크 장로
Elder Messick

[ Our zone dinner with the stake relief society pres. she hooked us up!!! ] 



[ My first time eating pig foot meat! ]


[ Just one of our awesome ward members ] 


[ This guy LOVES English. We help him out every week after church if we have time. ] 


[ All my friends haha ] 


[ Dad, here is a pic of our chapel for ya :) ]


No comments:

Post a Comment