Sunday, September 16, 2012

[ HEY. BIG CHANGES!! ]

Hey guys!! Well as you know its on to a new transfer and yes of course I have a new companion. On Monday night I got my phone call from the AP's and the conversation started like this "Well Elder Messick we decided to put a little twist in your life..." At this point my heart about dropped and I thought they were going to white wash us out. I got so sad. Hahah but don't worry that wasn't the case. SO the twist is I am training AGAIN and I am being District Leader, DL, at the same time! To say the least I have had a veryyy busy week haha.



Um ya before I get going into my week just wanted to say thanks so much to you mom and dad for the EPICCC package I got. You're the best. Also, Jody thank you verrryyyyyyy much for that package you sent. :)

We have been busy this week with investigators and stuff like that. But yesterday was really cool. So the sisters in our district haven't been finding too many investigators lately so I planned a big get together in their area to help get some investigators. We contacted on the streets there for 2 hours and set up some lessons and got phone numbers for them. I hope it was successful. After it was all over we went to their church and they made all of us pancakes and french toast! It was really fun. :)

Um, so a little about my companion. He just turned 19 right before the MTC, his name is Reese Jackson Berry. He is already SOO good at Korean it's crazy. Uh his hobbies are rock climbing and unicycling. Oh and he is from Logan, Utah.


Our investigator Kim-Nam-Me came to church again this Sunday. That's 4 weeks in a row!!!! The only problem is we can't meet with him outside of church to give him a baptismal date! He is just so busy haha. He is doing well though :)

Another good success is a lady I met on the street like 2 weeks ago from an English flier. We meet her and her daughter every Saturday and she just is the happiest lady ever. They are alwayssss smiling. It just makes me so happy. It's so true how when you are happy it just wears off on others. Anyways, on Saturday she had a question about the priesthood and our ward mission leader explained it perfectly! Hopefully we can get them progressing quickly and toward baptism. :)

My last day here with Elder Bacarro was really fun too! We did a big streetboarding session together in our area! but there isn't much to say about that haha. I have pictures for ya!


I am going to spend some time chatting now cuz I just am in the mood for that today but know that I love all of you. Stay safe please. This is the best two years of my life and I am doing it with no regrets. I love everything about it, no matter how busy I am hahah. :) Have a good week!!!!


-- Love,

메시크 장로
Elder Messick

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY THAO ON THE 21st!!! :)

[ Everyone I came to Korea with! ]


[ My buddy Elder Rife, went to BYU-H together! ]


[ Everyone who has served in Geum-Cheon ]


[ I don't know if you knew this but I now am 5 ft tall... ]


[ My Korean comp from Geum-Cheon Elder Yoo ]


[ Delicious lunch my Bishop's wife took us to ] 


[ I ate RAW beef :) never knew you could do that! Haha ]


1 comment:

  1. Perhaps when he gets home, he can teach me to eat that stuff! I don't know how he does it! What an awesome example he is.

    ReplyDelete