Sunday, June 17, 2012

[ HEY EVERYONE!! ]

Well, it's the day of transfer calls! Yes I am a bit sad. You guys know that I am not too big a fan of transfers and I have a pretty good idea that I will be heading out. I loved it here so much and Elder Clearwater was just great! Love that guy.

As for my week, it was great...of course!!! Last p-day was soccer and it was really fun! Our zone pulled out the victory 3-1. No goals for me, but I had an assist. I'll send a pic for you guys.



Also on that p-day I called my recent converts, Lee-Dong-Gu from my last area, and Lee-Dong-Sun from my greenie area. They are doing soooo good still!! Lee Dong Sun has already read through The Book of Mormon twice!! He doesn't have a calling right now but said he would like one. He is singing in the stake choir. He is just tearing it up! :) I only got to talk with Dong-Gu for a little because he was at school but he is doing really well and loved to hear from me. He gave a talk at ward conference and said it went well. I actually ran into the stake president this week too from that area and talked to him a little about Dong-Gu and he just confirmed that he is doing well. I love knowing that they are still strong in the gospel.

During the week we had a zone conference where we got to hear President Lee's like farewell talk to us. It was really good and so powerful. I am so grateful to have had him as my president for this last year. I have learned so much about how to love and how to be happy.




I got to try something interesting this week when we were visiting a less active at her work. She decided to serve us a drink she made herself, fermented banana juice. Not my favorite thing I have ever had to say the least.

On Saturday we went hiking with one of the zone leader's investigators and it was SO cool. The view was unreal. I will send you a bunch of pics.














I was able to see a huge miracle in my life on Sunday. It probably won't sound like too big of a deal to you, but it has a real special place in my heart and something I will look back on in my mission. So for the last 5 and a half months that I have been here we have been visiting a less active lady and her family every week or 2 to share a message with them. They are an unbelievable family. I have written home about her before. They were recent converts and went less active because her husband took some heat from the Elders in the ward while he was Elders Quorum Pres. Well, on Sunday, there sitting in the seats was Sister Lee Tay Kyung. Its hard to explain the feeling I had in my heart when I saw her there. All I can think of is just pure joy and I really could feel the love of God, just as I do right now writing about this. I am soo happy and grateful she was able to come back to church, to put past feelings behind her and realize what matters. When her and I made eye contact all we could do was just smile. She was so happy to say hi to me after sacrament meeting and then the ward just fellowshipped her so well. I am sooo happy. This is a story to me of never giving up on anybody. God loves each one of his children the same and wants each one of them to come back and live with Him again.

I love this Gospel and everything about it. It makes me so happy. I love being a missionary. I just love it. Best decision of my life and will guide me in everything I need after these 2 years end. I have a testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ. I know He loves me and He loves you. Have a great week. I love you guys!!!! Talk to you next week! (probably in a new area or a new companion or something....)

Love,
Elder Messick

P.S. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD AND GRANDPA! I LOVE YOU

[ Dinner at a member's home ]



1 comment: