Sunday, June 3, 2012

[ 하이!!! ]

Hey fam! How's it goin in the ME-GUK (America)?

Our week here was a bit of a roller coaster for me. It started of SOO good, as you know from last email, and we had 3 new investigators. They are really awesome too. In fact we will be meeting one of them again tonight.

The second half of the week was the other side of the roller coaster. We had a few lessons cancel and we haven't been able to talk with Lee-Say-Won for a few days. I am sure it will be ok though, she is just trying to get things figured out. Please if you can though keep her in your prayers. She really needs it. 

Something really fun that I got to do this week. We visited a less active who I had never met. She is about 50 years old and works at a Ping Pong place! When I saw that on her record, I was all over it! Haha. I gave her a call to come visit and we were there 2 days later. She is a really sweet lady. The reason she can't come to church is she has work every Sunday. She doesn't have anything against the church which is good and she seemed to enjoy our vist. And yes, I did play her in ping pong. I won't mention who won... :(

Something way cool that I got to do! So we were walking home one night and there were two kids playing on the street trying to learn how to do a wave board. My eyes just lit up!!! I was soooo happy to see those. I asked if I could ride it for a second. The kids were in shock when they saw me "surfing" it haha. I was able to teach them a little and and then tell them we were missionaries too. It was wayyy cool and may turn into something more. You never know...

I was visiting my bishop's house last night to share a message with his family and then the Bishop mentioned, so you go home next month, are you excited. HUH!?!? When I told him I still have 11 months left he was in shock. He thought my Korean was way better than where it should be haha. Kinda cool, but funny at the same time that my Bishop didn't know when I went home.

I want to share a little analogy of the Spirit that I heard from Elder Packer, you may already know it, but it is a good reminder. The Spirit is like salt. You can't describe to someone what salt tastes like, without using the word salt or salty. They just have to taste it for themself. The Spirit is the same way. It is hard to describe what it feels like until we just try the things we have been told and then feel it for ourselves. We have been promised that as we read the book of mormon and pray to God that we will feel the Holy Ghost. WHEN, we feel it, it is our job to recognize it and act on that. When we have our firm testimony, it is then our job to SHARE it. Let everyone around you feel that pure love of Christ. That is our duty to God. We need to share this message with the world. I love this Gospel and our Savior, Jesus Christ, who is at the center of it.

I hope you have a great week everyone. Be safe and I'll talk to you next week.

love,
-- Elder Messick

[ Rose plaza at Olympic Park! ]




[ A cool lake overlooking Song-Pa ] 


[ The ZL's baptism on Sunday. Sorry I forgot to mention that! His name is Oh-Geun-Won. ]


1 comment: