Sunday, November 20, 2011

[ HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OF YOU! ]

Hey fam and friends!

Well happy thanksgiving to all of you. I can't believe that it's already the end of November. Wow how time is flying. We as missionaries are actually going to be able to have a thanksgiving. All of the missionaries will be going to the American marine bases to eat with different member families. I am super excited about it.

This last P-Day we were able to go to the temple. It was, as always, a great experience. I always feel at peace there and it gives me more strength to keep going. I was lucky enough to be the first one into the Celestial room. It was only for a few seconds, but wow there is just power in that room. It really is a house of the Lord.


A few days ago my companion had to go take an english test for getting into BYU-H along with a few other people. While he was taking the test, us american companionships met up and did a contacting activity. Guess who I was paired up with, my MTC companion, Elder Porter! It was way cool seeing him and how far he has come in korean. Since we were both new missionaries it was tough to try to answer people's questions, however it really was a testimony builder to me of the power of the Gift of Tongues. I noticed that if i really just always had a prayer in my heart and was listening intently, God was able to help me in understanding them. Of course, my responses weren't perfect, but I was able to communicate. That is truly such a little miracle to me.

Our investigator 김미량, is doing well. She kept the commitment of reading the intro to the Book of Mormon and we are meeting again tonight. When she read, she told me she had a good feeling of peace. It is definitely going to be a slower process, but i am excited to watch her testimony grow.

The weather is officially entering into winter. It's not super cold yet, but the wind is just SO cold it like stings. I am scared because people say this is just the beginning. I feel like such a wimp when i think it's cold though because i think of what Aubrey went though and how miserably cold that must have been. The weather is definitely making the missionary work a little different. Yesterday, we tried to streetboard for 2 hours, but people just didn't want to talk to us at all because it was cold. Our contacts were maybe 1/4 of what they usually would be with that amount of time.

My companion is just the best. We are getting along so well still. Tonight is transfer calls and I really hope we both stay. He actually told me the other day that I am his favorite companion yet. It really meant a lot to me. He really is such a stud.

Sorry this email is scattered and kind of short, but there was a lot of back and forth emailing today.

I want to end with just a little urge for each of you to do missionary work. During our District meeting this week. I just got thinking and really was realizing how important this work is right now. We have been told several times that these are the last days! God trusts us to do His work. We need to do all we can to help Him in fulfilling His work and His glory "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."

I am grateful to be a missionary is Seoul, Korea. I have been sent here with a purpose. I am to find, teach, and baptize. I am working my hardest every day to do what He wants done.

I love you all and hope you have a great week! Eat some cream corn for me Kenzie!

--
Love,
Elder Messick
메시크 장로

P.S. Happy B-day to Matt and Mark this week. I love you bros!

P.P.S. One of the picutes is of me and my companion and the other is of our AP Elder Bailey who just went home last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment