Sunday, November 13, 2011

[ COMING UP ON TRANSFER #4 IN A WEEK! ]

Hey everyone!

I had such a good week her in 금천. I am really loving this area, especially as I am getting to watch it grow and progress. There were, as always, many miracles that happened this week. As a missionary, I get to witness miracles every day. It's just incredible.

Right now we have two investigators, 안기천 (An-Key-Chun) and 김미량 (Kim-Me-Ryang). Brother An is 14 years old and he is just so awesome. His father wanted us to start teaching the 30-30 program with him. Since he is still young, the progression is slow, but he is keeping his commitments. He is reading from The Book of Mormon stories book (like a simple explanation of The Book of Mormon) and he is praying. He hasn't come to church yet, but maybe next week. Sister Kim is 26 years old and right now is really interested in learning English. We have only met once but she was already asking questions about the word of wisdom so she definitely is curious. We have another lesson with her tomorrow evening so hopefully we can begin the testimony building process with her then.

There has been a bunch of teenagers that have been coming to our church parking lot after school for the past couple of months to smoke cigarettes and they have been trashing the parking lot. The other day, my companion and I saw them so we went and talked to them. I was really frustrated with the kids and was just mad at what they were doing. However, my companion had his head on strait and handled the situation really well. He was really friendly and even invited them into our church to play some ping pong. They accepted and we hung out for a half hour. I think this was a really good learning experience for me of how i need to love everyone. We were able to leave a good impression of our church with those kids, rather than an impression of us just being jerks.

Tomorrow is temple day, which i am soo exited about. I feel like i haven't gone in forever since it was in the beginning of my last transfer and at the end of this transfer. It is always so peaceful and stress relieving there. So, because it's temple day tomorrow that means p-day is tomorrow too, which means I'm going streetboarding today! haha.

I have really been able to see some miracles as i tested my faith this week in giving bold commitments. In our weekly planning session every week we make some personal goals and mine was to work on my commitment giving during contacts. I felt like i was treating a contact too much like a routine instead of taking each one personally and really having the the faith that each person i talk to could be baptized. Well, because i made this mindset, i was able to do something i have never done before. I got 6 street lessons and 9 phone numbers. I have never done that, ever! Normally, my companion had to ask for the return appointments because i was just shy, but as i exercised my faith, the Lord really blessed me.

It is incredible the joy that comes with doing missionary work. It is something so special, being able to invite souls to come unto Christ. I am so grateful that I am able to wear Christ's name over my heart each and every day. I am forever grateful for Him and is infinite sacrifice for us.

I love you guys so much. Have a great week. Talk to you then!! 사랑합니다!
--
Love
Elder Messick

No comments:

Post a Comment